Skip to main content

You guys will have these dates this week. So check out www.frenz.com/crowdedhouse/ TOUR area over the next few days.

I have only sent these to Iarla so give him time to put them up . I will also send out a club VIP email in a few days (DO NOT email me on this please-we currently have a huge email build up , that we need to wade through and don't wany anymore adding to it- thanks).

Tour starts August 4th and finishes Sept 12th.

We should have some pre sale dates for club members too, hopefully....

Gryph
Original Post

Replies sorted oldest to newest

Thanks gryphon...but am I reading this right, that all of North America comprises about 5 weeks out of the entire "year" of touring?

I know we're not their biggest market, but it's not quite computing for me. I had imagined they'd spend at least a couple months here, a few in Britain/mainland Europe, a few in Aus/NZ, with some breaks built in. Perhaps they're really extending their reach, doing Scandinavia, Japan, Brazil etc.?

Not complaining, just a little surprised...
Given a yearlong tour, I wonder if these dates might represent just one leg of North American dates. In other words, might the band be back sometime in the early part of next year for another round after hitting Europe and Australasia, etc.?

Otherwise, I agree that hopes for smaller to medium-sized cities (or even larger cities not too far apart) might very well be in doubt.

I won't be complaining, as I already have Mountain Winery tickets. Anything else will be an added bonus.

Besides the cities, it will also be interesting to learn the venues chosen, as well as their sizes.
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon:

Tour starts August 4th and finishes Sept 12th.

Gryph


These may be the most discouraging words I've read since the reunion was announced. Six weeks isn't much time for such a big continent. I hope that Romer's thought turns out to be right, and that this is just the first leg, with a return visit some time next year; otherwise, I think my chances of actually seeing the tour have just plummeted to near zero.

Not blaming Gryph--I appreciate the update and everything else he does for us.
quote:
Originally posted by Romer:
Given a yearlong tour, I wonder if these dates might represent just one leg of North American dates. In other words, might the band be back sometime in the early part of next year for another round after hitting Europe and Australasia, etc.?

Otherwise, I agree that hopes for smaller to medium-sized cities (or even larger cities not too far apart) might very well be in doubt.

I won't be complaining, as I already have Mountain Winery tickets. Anything else will be an added bonus.

Besides the cities, it will also be interesting to learn the venues chosen, as well as their sizes.


I don't think it would be unreasonable to assume that they may well be back, afterall, the Finn Bros hit the Boston area twice about 8 months apart on the EIH tour.

In the meantime, I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that Boston gets a weekend pre-sale - - - otherwise I'm going to have to figure out a way to completely kiss my boss's hiney into allowing me to use the one computer in the office with internet access to purchase my tickets while I'm at work......lol!
There is no way everyone can be pleased when it comes to tour venues and dates. We all have our ideals and want the boys in our own towns and cities but it just isn't possible.

For those fans that can travel I am sure they will be richly awarded. For those of us who can't for whatever reason will share with those who can here on the forum and elsewhere.

Be happy, Crowded House is back Smiler

(which is why I am doing a six hour drive next month)
Well, here's the current state of affairs, then:

8/ 4 ??? (first date in North America)
8/ 5 Boston, MA
(8/ 6-7 Philadelphia, PA - rumored for one of those dates)
(8/22 Denver, CO - rumored)
8/29 Saratoga, CA
8/30 Saratoga, CA
9/ 1 Seattle, WA
9/12 ??? (final date in North America)
[9/14-16 Austin, TX - rumored for one of those dates, although past the stated tour ending date]

San Diego has also been rumored, but no dates have yet been mentioned.

Several paths seem to be possible as to where the tour might be headed during the various gaps in the data.
quote:
Originally posted by sunset swimmer:
my guess is that after Seattle, they'll head north to Canada and start with Vancouver


Canada from west to east in early September with Vancouver starting off the proceedings is my guess, as well. I also hope the good people of Portland get a date -- perhaps on 8/31.

I'm curious about the opening date, 8/4. Since Philly could follow Boston, it would make sense that the band would be heading from north to south from 8/4 - 8/6 and beyond. However, what would precede Boston?

My first thought was perhaps Montreal, but I don't know that artists like to cross back and forth across borders for whatever reason. They usually seem to do one country's dates before embarking upon another's. Anyway, if there's no disadvantage in doing so, I suppose northern US cities could alternate with southern Canadian cities (Detroit/Toronto and Minneapolis/Winnipeg ( Wink), for instance).
quote:
Originally posted by Romer:
quote:
Originally posted by sunset swimmer:
my guess is that after Seattle, they'll head north to Canada and start with Vancouver


Canada from west to east in early September with Vancouver starting off the proceedings is my guess, as well. I also hope the good people of Portland get a date -- perhaps on 8/31.

I'm curious about the opening date, 8/4. Since Philly could follow Boston, it would make sense that the band would be heading from north to south from 8/4 - 8/6 and beyond. However, what would precede Boston?

My first thought was perhaps Montreal, but I don't know that artists like to cross back and forth across borders for whatever reason. They usually seem to do one country's dates before embarking upon another's. Anyway, if there's no disadvantage in doing so, I suppose northern US cities could alternate with southern Canadian cities (Detroit/Toronto and Minneapolis/Winnipeg ( Wink), for instance).


I'd vote for Portland on 31 August, too; it's an easy drive for me! perhaps NYC before Boston? I know NYC is closer geographically to Philly, but it's probably impossible to make a schedule that doesn't zig-zag a bit, given that venues have other bookings that a band has to work around. as far as keeping border crossings to a minimum, it's probably not necessary here, as the US/Canada crossings are pretty easy (esp going into Canada; returning to the US is another story sometimes, especially if you are accompanied by a highly suspect golden retriever and the guards decide to pull you out of line and search your car...not that I would know anything about that...)
quote:
Originally posted by Not the girl I think I am:
Well, it's probably wicked wishful thinking, but it'd be cool if they played the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom in New Hampshire on 8/4. Then I could go see 2 shows on the tour!


For those of you who are on Gryphs VIP membership mailing list, should've received the location of this Aug. 4th venue....though by strict orders of PG, no one is to annouce this location on the web or otherwise UNTIL it is "official" which should be in a few days, according to the email I received. I guess the only thing I can tell you is you will probably be happy with the news when it is announced.
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon:
You guys will have these dates this week. So check out www.frenz.com/crowdedhouse/ TOUR area over the next few days.

I have only sent these to Iarla so give him time to put them up . I will also send out a club VIP email in a few days (DO NOT email me on this please-we currently have a huge email build up , that we need to wade through and don't wany anymore adding to it- thanks).

Tour starts August 4th and finishes Sept 12th.

We should have some pre sale dates for club members too, hopefully....

Gryph


Such a brief run, especially considering Time On Earth release to promote. Is this just one leg of the North American tour and they'll return for more dates?
quote:
Originally posted by finnaddicted:
quote:
Originally posted by Not the girl I think I am:
Well, it's probably wicked wishful thinking, but it'd be cool if they played the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom in New Hampshire on 8/4. Then I could go see 2 shows on the tour!


For those of you who are on Gryphs VIP membership mailing list, should've received the location of this Aug. 4th venue....though by strict orders of PG, no one is to annouce this location on the web or otherwise UNTIL it is "official" which should be in a few days, according to the email I received. I guess the only thing I can tell you is you will probably be happy with the news when it is announced.


Hmmm, well I'm on the VIP mailing list, and I've not received anything. When did this email go out?
quote:
Originally posted by Not the girl I think I am

Hmmm, well I'm on the VIP mailing list, and I've not received anything. When did this email go out?


I am too, and I also haven't received an email...

as far as Crowded House playing at a casino, I have to vote NO on principle...the only acts that play at the casinos out here (WA State) are washed-up ones...like Eddie Money and Loverboy... just say no to casinos!
quote:
Originally posted by sunset swimmer:

as far as Crowded House playing at a casino, I have to vote NO on principle...the only acts that play at the casinos out here (WA State) are washed-up ones...like Eddie Money and Loverboy... just say no to casinos!


HEhehehe, no, the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom is not an actual casino in today's terms. It has always been a performance venue, dating back to Vaudeville days.

My boss goes there a lot to see Rat Dog. I don't think you'll soon find any former Grateful Dead members playing Vegas.......lol.
quote:
Originally posted by Not the girl I think I am:
quote:
Originally posted by finnaddicted:
quote:
Originally posted by Not the girl I think I am:
Well, it's probably wicked wishful thinking, but it'd be cool if they played the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom in New Hampshire on 8/4. Then I could go see 2 shows on the tour!


For those of you who are on Gryphs VIP membership mailing list, should've received the location of this Aug. 4th venue....though by strict orders of PG, no one is to annouce this location on the web or otherwise UNTIL it is "official" which should be in a few days, according to the email I received. I guess the only thing I can tell you is you will probably be happy with the news when it is announced.


Hmmm, well I'm on the VIP mailing list, and I've not received anything. When did this email go out?


Same here - I've not received any email either...
quote:
Originally posted by GraceToo:
I imagine with a $%#@-load of people on the VIP list, that the emails must go out in batches. I'm sure mine will be waiting for me when I wake up tomorrow.

And then I can watch those airmiles fly out of my account!


Exactly! I hope you can all imagine the load of folks on the VIP list. I'm sure I'm not the only one on the entire list that received this email, in fact, I regret even posting that I did because I, IN NO WAY, want to piss Peter G. off by blabbing news that isn't officially released yet! My fault for even hinting....I trust Peter, been cooresponding with him for years, he is a great guy, I've met him, the guy is a sweetheart and believe me when I say that he will inform ALL of us of ALL important news way before the general public knows. Ya have to remember that he has always and will always take good care of the fans first and foremost.
If those people out there have not yet found out, please be patient as I know it should only be just a matter of days. Thanks!
Most of Canada shows are in Sept "Finn Girl" with the exception of Toronto which tends to be near the start of tours.

As far as I know no one has said Dec 31st touring will cease, I honestly haven't been given any information when touring for Crowded House will finish...I don't think the time frame is exactly one year.....more so it's probably a case of if it's feeling good they'll do it.....this is a real band again not simply a reunion tour. (and I'm sure that quote will bite me on the ar$e eventually! Opps)
Gryph
quote:
Originally posted by Not the girl I think I am:
quote:
Originally posted by sunset swimmer:

as far as Crowded House playing at a casino, I have to vote NO on principle...the only acts that play at the casinos out here (WA State) are washed-up ones...like Eddie Money and Loverboy... just say no to casinos!


HEhehehe, no, the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom is not an actual casino in today's terms. It has always been a performance venue, dating back to Vaudeville days.

My boss goes there a lot to see Rat Dog. I don't think you'll soon find any former Grateful Dead members playing Vegas.......lol.


Plus if you live in the Reno/Tahoe area or Las Vegas area anyone that comes into town generally plays a casino! I have seen lots of really good shows at casinos. But I know what you mean abuot WA casinos. I do remember seeing Loverboy play one in Puyallup I belive it was. Oh, I miss saying I am going to the mall in Puyallup! I may join you for a Vancouver show, Sunset Swimmer!
quote:
Originally posted by Half-Full:
I haven't gotten the VIP email. Figures I'd be the last to know Wink


Are you on pins and needles?

(that strikes me as such a strange phrase, seeing it sit there all by itself)

Glad to see that TO will be near the beginning. I can save my pennies for the other CDN dates near the end of the tour and see what's changed.
quote:
Originally posted by Lorrie:
quote:
Originally posted by Not the girl I think I am
HEhehehe, no, the Hampton Beach Casino Ballroom is not an actual casino in today's terms. It has always been a performance venue, dating back to Vaudeville days.


Plus if you live in the Reno/Tahoe area or Las Vegas area anyone that comes into town generally plays a casino! I have seen lots of really good shows at casinos. But I know what you mean abuot WA casinos. I do remember seeing Loverboy play one in Puyallup I belive it was. Oh, I miss saying I am going to the mall in Puyallup! I may join you for a Vancouver show, Sunset Swimmer!


thank you for the clarification, Not the Girl...I am quite relieved!

and Lorrie, come on up! we can make a Crowdie roadtrip to VBC! oh, Puyallup...I saw Rick Springfield at the Puyallup Fair a few years ago; he's actually held up quite nicely!

Add Reply

Post
    All times London, UK.

    ©1998-Eternity, Frenz.com. All post content is the copyrighted work of the person who wrote it. Please don't copy, reproduce, or publish anything you see written here without the author's permission.
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×
×