What's the most amusing or best few lines you've heard in a song? Apart from the Finns and Enz, that is.
My votes go to the following:
1. "Sweetness, Sweetness I was only joking when I said I'd like to smash every tooth in your head" (Bigmouth Strikes Again - The Smiths)
2. "Son I'm thirty/And I only went with your mother 'cos she was dirty" - (Happy Mondays, forget which song)
3. "Hear you got a new girlfriend/how's the wife taking it?" (Moving The River - Prefab Sprout)
4. "You used to laugh about everybody that was hanging out/now you don't talk so loud, now you don't seem so proud/about having to be scrounging your next meal" (Like A Rolling Stone - Bob Dylan)
5. "I used to think that if you had an acoustic guitar it made you a protest singer/ oh i can laugh about it now but at the time it was terrible" (Shakespear's Sister - The Smiths)