Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

We have been sitting on this for awhile, glad it's finally out.
Noel has flown into NZ-so expect more from Tim,Eddie and Noel as far as media.
3 dates so far
March 23rd-Christchurch Westpac Arena
March 25th-Wellington-TSB Bank Arena
March 28th-Auckland-Vector Arena

Ticket www.ticketmaster.co.nz 09 9709700

Keep an eye here for general ticket sales and the pre sale.(we'll post the date/s).

It will be the Time & Tide line up.

Sunday Star Times will have a exclusive interview on the weekend, and expect to see Enz everywhere in newspapers/radio etc....

Muc much more later and keep an eye on www.frenz.com/splitenz/

From the band room of Crowded House-Melbourne !
xxxGryph
quote:
Originally posted by Jaffaman:
It didn't work for me using Safari but fine on the ol' Mac version of Internet Explorer.


Indeed Jaffaman, updated to Windows Media 11 player and cleared cache and what a magic interview, with 'spoons'.

Noel and John seemed to know John Campbell quite well, maybe from the Wellington days when John Campbell was at Victoria University and on Radio Active on campus (the first FM station in N.Z. i believe).

http://www.radioactive.co.nz/


http://www.shotbro.com:80/blog/?p=1094

This is really exciting news and pre-sales for Auckland's Vector Arena 13/11/07.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/artist/1174109/?search_re...ink=tm_header_search
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon:
We have been sitting on this for awhile, glad it's finally out.
Noel has flown into NZ-so expect more from Tim,Eddie and Noel as far as media.
3 dates so far
March 23rd-Christchurch Westpac Arena
March 25th-Wellington-TSB Bank Arena
March 28th-Auckland-Vector Arena

Ticket www.ticketmaster.co.nz 09 9709700

Keep an eye here for general ticket sales and the pre sale.(we'll post the date/s).

It will be the Time & Tide line up.

Sunday Star Times will have a exclusive interview on the weekend, and expect to see Enz everywhere in newspapers/radio etc....

Muc much more later and keep an eye on www.frenz.com/splitenz/

From the band room of Crowded House-Melbourne !
xxxGryph


Excellent news Gryphon. Smiler

Are Ticketmaster just doing Auckland, i see they have it up on their site.

Ticketek for the rest of the country ?.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1bet2_split-enz-gtk-1975_music
Keep your eyes on http://www.frenz.com/splitenz/, The http://www.frenz.com homepage, and of course http://blog.frenz.com.

There's a number of things we're rolling out at the moment, some within the next few hours, and some over the course of the next week.

As always, we're trying to keep the blog up to date so that Enz fans around the Globe have a central resource to get all news and article links. We'd be very happy if people could email us, either iarla@frenz.com or tracy@frenz.com and we'll get the news up as soon as we can.
I am going to Australia and New Zealand in the new year for a holiday. It was a good thing I have not yet booked my plane ticket. I really hope I can make it to this concert. I was in Sydney Australia in 2006. I tried to live out there but could not get the right job and ran out of money so went back to the UK and missed the Enz OZ tour which was a great shame. I will try to make it this time round.
Who is in the line up for this tour? I think it is Tim,Nigel,Eddie,Noel and Neil. What about Mal? Tim did say the drummer was Someone Barker. Who is he and is he really the new drummer? What was all that about some new songs. I can't see this being anymore than the 3 gigs in NZ as Crowded House are ment to be making a new CD in the new year and a frestival tour of Europe mid year.
quote:
Originally posted by Seany.:
Baker, Barker? Well, if it's Baker, it's either Ginger or Tammy. As Ginger's no longer with us on the physical plane (RIP), & Tammy's busy with the chocolate cake, looks like the drum stool might be going to Michael Barker. Who? Michael Barker, you know,
Clive's brother. Eeker


Erm, Tammy is no longer with us either Seany with or without cake. Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by Gryphon: It will be the Time & Tide line up.


The T & T lineup was/should be Tim, Neil, Nigel, Noel & Eddie! Mal was not part of that line-up. Not a clue who this Barker is. Confused Perhaps Tim's drummer for his US tour?
quote:
Originally posted by Bold As Brass:
quote:
Originally posted by Seany.:
Baker, Barker? Well, if it's Baker, it's either Ginger or Tammy. As Ginger's no longer with us on the physical plane (RIP), & Tammy's busy with the chocolate cake, looks like the drum stool might be going to Michael Barker. Who? Michael Barker, you know,
Clive's brother. Eeker


Erm, Tammy is no longer with us either Seany with or without cake. Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by Gryphon: It will be the Time & Tide line up.


The T & T lineup was/should be Tim, Neil, Nigel, Noel & Eddie! Mal was not part of that line-up. Not a clue who this Barker is. Confused Perhaps Tim's drummer for his US tour?


Who was that drummer? Over here it was Matt Eccles, but he is in his early twenties.

Gav, you lucky man you! Wink

Seany., what is your obsession with Farnsie?? Don't tell me you miss him! Big Grin

BaB, if I will the lottery, I will pay for plane tickets for both of us. But as that doesn't seem very likely... Frowner History never repeats.. Frowner


-------------------------------------------------------
So we're all going gangbusters on lotto tickets then ! Big Grin

Thought someone in Dunner's might be really happy about this !! Gav did I hear a faint squeal of delight?? Oh that's right, boys don't squeal.

Why they don't include Dunedin in the lineup is beyond me. Seems most of the Christchurch concert goers are from Dunedin!! There is Carisbrook Stadium which I'm sure would be rained out and windy, but still have them turn up in droves, from down south and the west coast.

Yup, the mind is calculating.
I've just posted in another thread about this.

I want to be there. I notice its over the Easter (Australia) weekend, which helps.

Thank goodness I didn't get the job which I recently went for, or I'd have been locked in, without having been able to advise that I have a holiday booked in March Wink At least now I can say that in any further interviews (they often ask anyway).

How exciting is this. I want to do all 3 shows if at all possible.
Just spoke with Ticketek, no word on pre-sales like Ticketmaster for Auckland.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/artist/1174109/?search_re...ink=tm_header_search

But if i can scrape up the money i want to be one of the first in at a Ticketek branch for public sales at 9am Thursday 15th November.

Cause judging how quick Crowded House sold out at TSB Wellington.

Either sold out months before the gig, or maybe more dates ?. Confused
quote:
Originally posted by Langkawi13:
I would so love to be able to go to New Zealand to see Split Enz but may not be able to travel over there because of lack of funds... I have been looking everywhere and cant find out how much the tickets cost (I know this is a stupid questing but I really need to know) does anyone know? Confused

This is very exciting!


Ticketmaster are doing pre-sales from ....

Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Thu 15/11/07, 09:00


Internet Presale Info
Frontier Members:
Start:Tue 13/11/07, 14:00
End:Wed 14/11/07, 14:00

SPLIT ENZ
RADIO HAURAKI
FRONTIER TOURING CO.
CLASSIC HITS
VECTOR ARENA
FRI 28 MAR 2008 8:00PM

http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/event/24003F68D2E82AA0?ar...d=10001&minorcatid=1

For the Auckland gig.

------------------------------------------------

Wellington and Christchurch are done by Ticketek, they don't have any further information about weither Ticketek will do pre-sales, or just General Public:
Thu 15/11/07, 09:00.

http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/search/SearchResults.aspx...plit+enz&c=&r=&city=

Nothing on Ticketeks site yet.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/metro/story.cfm?l_id=117&objectid=10475024

No ticket prices on Ticketmaster's site yet.

Bet the price will be around what Crowded House were $87.50 N.Z.
quote:
Originally posted by thevisitor:

Wellington and Christchurch are done by Ticketek, they don't have any further information about weither Ticketek will do pre-sales, or just General Public:
Thu 15/11/07, 09:00.

http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/search/SearchResults.aspx...plit+enz&c=&r=&city=

Nothing on Ticketeks site yet.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/metro/story.cfm?l_id=117&objectid=10475024

No ticket prices on Ticketmaster's site yet.

Bet the price will be around what Crowded House were $87.50 N.Z.


Frontier Touring usually does the pre sale via the ticket company (Ticketek or Tickmaster.)
quote:
Why they don't include Dunedin in the lineup is beyond me.


We just don't have a suitable venue here, Tam, although it would be a bit of (ancient) history re-repeating to see the Enz at the grand old Regent Theatre. The powers-that-be are still f**king around making a decision about whether or not to build a new stadium. Good ol' Dunedin...always one step behind! Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by giveitawhirl:
quote:
giveitawhirl I empathise with you, I did get to the 2006 shows but missed all the Frenz stuff that came with it, and I doubt I'll even be able to hop over the pond to see them


Isn't it tragic? I've just worked out that it would cost more than £600 to fly from London to Auckland, so I don't think it's happening.

Sigh.


Feeling your pain here in America. *sigh*

It is great news nonetheless.
quote:
Originally posted by surferlisa:
Pre Sale Tickets from 2pm NZ time Tuesday November 13 until 2pm NZ time Wednesday November 14 (or until pre-sale allocation is exhausted).

http://frontiertouring.com.au/currenttours/Split_Enz__New_Zealand_2008


Alrighty, just sorted out the time zone difference (hopefully). Thank goodness Monday is a holiday here or I'd be skivving off work for an hour to try to get tickets. Big Grin

Time to start saving my pennies...
That's my problem too Charlie's Mum.

This has happened twice before. I have been off work (could have had temp work but had knocked it back), I'm due to start a new temp job on Monday, and in that week is when the ticket sales are. Mad Its always that week when I start the new possie that the ticket sales are happening.

I'm not sure of what to do. I would have liked to have tried the Frontier Pre-Sale, but that's in the middle of the day.

The other option is to try the early morning one on Thursday, and just be a bit late in if I have to Roll Eyes

I'm a bit focused on this - temp jobs will come and go (and I am only the temp) but this opportunity isn't going to come again, so I'm feeling that I'll just have to do what I have to do, whatever the consequences. Razzer I can't tell you how many years it has taken to develop this mildly rebellious streak. Roll Eyes

They should at least have staggered the times for the different shows. However, I can de-stress myself by telling myself that at least I will be under the same roof as them, in New Zealand, even if I am only just in the back door. Cool

It is a dilemma though. I may see if my brother can help me out on the Tuesday.

It happened with Split Enz,
quote:
Originally posted by surferlisa:
quote:
Originally posted by thevisitor:

Wellington and Christchurch are done by Ticketek, they don't have any further information about weither Ticketek will do pre-sales, or just General Public:
Thu 15/11/07, 09:00.

http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/search/SearchResults.aspx...plit+enz&c=&r=&city=

Nothing on Ticketeks site yet.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/metro/story.cfm?l_id=117&objectid=10475024

No ticket prices on Ticketmaster's site yet.

Bet the price will be around what Crowded House were $87.50 N.Z.


Frontier Touring usually does the pre sale via the ticket company (Ticketek or Tickmaster.)


OK Thank You for that Surferlisa, forgot about Frontier Touring.

Think i am still going to do it 'manually' as in a fist full of dollars at a Ticketek office Thursday 15th November 9am.

Iv'e always been disapointed with pre-sales seats, like to pick off the plan a good seat, bet the shows are gonna sell-out quick.
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Rose:
That's my problem too Charlie's Mum.

This has happened twice before. I have been off work (could have had temp work but had knocked it back), I'm due to start a new temp job on Monday, and in that week is when the ticket sales are. Mad Its always that week when I start the new possie that the ticket sales are happening.

I'm not sure of what to do. I would have liked to have tried the Frontier Pre-Sale, but that's in the middle of the day.

The other option is to try the early morning one on Thursday, and just be a bit late in if I have to Roll Eyes

I'm a bit focused on this - temp jobs will come and go (and I am only the temp) but this opportunity isn't going to come again, so I'm feeling that I'll just have to do what I have to do, whatever the consequences. Razzer I can't tell you how many years it has taken to develop this mildly rebellious streak. Roll Eyes

They should at least have staggered the times for the different shows. However, I can de-stress myself by telling myself that at least I will be under the same roof as them, in New Zealand, even if I am only just in the back door. Cool

It is a dilemma though. I may see if my brother can help me out on the Tuesday.

It happened with Split Enz,


I'm going to be going to the ChCh show TR, so I can get you a ticket for that one if you like.
I wish they were going on sale mid Dec, not mid Nov Frowner

Done the figures, & I just dont have the spare cash this month ....... damn car insurance .....

Wish my XMas bonus (yes, some of us still get them) was paid in November, not December Frowner

I have a credit with Virgin that I could use for the airfare & all, too Frowner

But there's no point in going if I dont have tix Frowner Need cash this Monday to buy tix, having it in 4 weeks time really wont help much Frowner

Have a great time for anyone who's going Big Grin Big Grin Especially those NZers who couldnt get to Australia last time around Big Grin
hk wrote:

quote:
I'm going to be going to the ChCh shI'm going to be going to the ChCh show TR, so I can get you a ticket for that one if you like.


hk, if I offer to be your slave for the rest of your life, does that give you any indication of how grateful I would be. Big Grin

That would be seriously fantastic. My sister in law is going to try and get tickets for me, so I'll tell her we only need to worry about Welly and Aucks Cool

I'll PM you in relation to this.
quote:
Originally posted by Distant Sander:
WOW! To see Split Enz live in New Zealand, that's a dream for me. I'd love to visit New Zealand once, this seems to be the right moment. But the flights are really expensive. How about chartering an aeroplane from London to New Zealand, filled with Frenz Smiler


A good idea, DS, but would be a better idea if you included a stop-over in Vancouver. I think it's along the way...sort of. Big Grin
Well I've bitten the bullet and just booked some flights!! Flying from
Melbourne to Christchurch on Good Friday March 21st and then from Wellington
back to Melbourne on Wednesday March 26th, so will be hoping and praying to
get a good seat for shows in both cities. I've never seen the Enz before
plus have never been to anywhere in NZ other than Auckland so its a win win
situation for me for sure!! If anyone else there is interested in coming
along, would love to hear from you (and would also love to be able to help
or give advice with your travel plans as I am actually a travel agent Smiler ) My email addy is sltravelworld@optusnet.com.au.
This will be my first Split Enz concert woohoo, and just after my first ever concert (Crowded House.)

quote:
Originally posted by Finnatically:
Anyone have an idea of how much it will be??


I guessing around the same price as the Crowded House tickets, because it's at the same venues as the Crowded House concerts ($87.50 + services fees for Chch and Wgtn.)
I'm going to fly straight to Christchurch too yemanja. What airline are you flying with?

I was checking for decent priced flights when they announced these shows, and noticed that the more reasonable ones were already booked out, no doubt due to it being Easter.

I then thought about flying out on the Wednesday before, but I probably won't do that. I'm thinking I'll just pay whatever I need to and do it that way.

I'm not going to book flights until I have my concert tickets. After that, I'll book my flights, accommodation and travel within New Zealand.

How exciting...

I've already been checking out hotels etc in the vicinity of the venues (I like to stay close-ish to the venue).
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Rose:
I'm going to fly straight to Christchurch too yemanja. What airline are you flying with?

I was checking for decent priced flights when they announced these shows, and noticed that the more reasonable ones were already booked out, no doubt due to it being Easter.

I then thought about flying out on the Wednesday before, but I probably won't do that. I'm thinking I'll just pay whatever I need to and do it that way.

I'm not going to book flights until I have my concert tickets. After that, I'll book my flights, accommodation and travel within New Zealand.

How exciting...

I've already been checking out hotels etc in the vicinity of the venues (I like to stay close-ish to the venue).


I'm flying with Jetstar on Friday 21st March (Good Friday) and paid $269.00 one way, which is not bad at all except it arrives so darn late at 11.05pm. I used my Qantas points to fly back from Wellington on 26th March (and splurged with business class Smiler ) so only had to pay the taxes which I think was around $80.00. So pretty good value all around I figure! I've also started looking at accom but will wait until I hopefully have tickets in hand before booking.

As for travelling in NZ, I was thinking of possibly driving from Christchurch to Picton and then taking the ferry over to Wellington. Or another possibility is the Tranz Coastal train which looks great. Not sure yet but will be doing some further investigation in the near future.
I've actually been checking out the Intercity Bus Lines, because that's how I did it with mummakook last year, and I have to say that I loved the coach travel.

You get to look out the window at the spectacular scenery, and the cost is really minimal for the distances travelled. The only hiccup is that from what I can tell, the trip from Wellington to Auckland will be about 10 hours by coach Eeker

I haven't booked anything yet, so I'm not locked in. However I don't particularly want to fly that leg of it.

You didn't do too badly price wise on your ticket over there. I've completely ruled Qantas out, because I think they were the most expensive by far (I didn't write down the price). I'm going to try and get a flight that doesn't arrive too late, but if I can't manage that, then I'll aim to leave on the Thursday before.

I'll book flights as soon as I have tickets in my hot little hand. Its a busy time of year, and leaving it too late is probably a bit silly.

Should be brilliant. Big Grin
Not going to happen for me.

There is no way I'd be able to get there.
I will be having surgery on my foot in February so will be off work for that whole month. I doubt very much work will let me have more time off in March and I don't know how the foot will be. And I don't think it will be acceptable to the family budget. I know they are the greatest band that ever was and I love them to death, but I have other things in life abit more important.

Oh well - I saw them in Melbourne and we have a DVD for the memories.

Have a great time everyone.
Thanks for the link Jaff. Great interview except this bit..

quote:
Tim Finn has a busy solo career. He has toured Europe and the US this year and returns to the US for shows in January and February. Rayner is an in-demand musical factotum who promised himself a year off this year after several series of New Zealand Idol but it hasn't worked out that way. Neil Finn is in another band.



another band....they do actually have a name and I wonder why this would not be mentioned??
quote:
Originally posted by yemanja:
Thanks for the link Jaff. Great interview except this bit..

quote:
Tim Finn has a busy solo career. He has toured Europe and the US this year and returns to the US for shows in January and February. Rayner is an in-demand musical factotum who promised himself a year off this year after several series of New Zealand Idol but it hasn't worked out that way. Neil Finn is in another band.


another band....they do actually have a name and I wonder why this would not be mentioned??


Yeah, I thought that was weird too. Or maybe it was meant to be a joke...who knows...odd. Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by Jaffaman:
Here's the Sunday Star Times interiew with Tim and Eddie:
Close Encounter with Split Enz
I recommend everyone read this before booking your flights Wink


Excellent Thank You for the link Jaffaman. Smiler

I got the impression 'Neil been in another band' was a comment from the interviewer, not the Enz.

Re get you obscure track requests in on Tim's blog.

I know what i want "Haul Away" and "Without A Doubt". Smiler
Trying to get ready for this pre-sale, but I think the gods are against me. I have no idea of what the pre-sale password is? The Frontier site says it will post it by noon NZ time (which was 15 mins ago), but nothing yet?

Then I had trouble working out whether I could actually buy the tickets because I'm an Australian Ticketek member, not a NZ member. I think I might have gotten around that though by ensuring I log onto the NZ version of the site.

Any help greatly appreciated. I am pitching for the Christchurch show in the pre-sale, and then will look at the others for thursday.
quote:
Originally posted by hk:
It's 11.30 in New Zealand at the moment (9.30am Melbourne), Charlie's mum. So half an hour to go.


LOL I was just going to say that, what with daylight saving. Smiler

Pre-sales is out for me, cut up the credit card. Confused Mad
Think general sales will work for me, guess you can still pick your seat and match with the plan to see how far away it is even with pre-sales.

Ticketek quotes $93. plus booking fee, but as i understand it the Tickeek pre-sales does go through Frontier Touring any ho.




10 mins till the password.

2 hours 10 mins to go to buy, good luck pre-sales buyers, let us know what kind of seats you get.
quote:
Originally posted by surferlisa:
Password has been posted now!


Duh !!
I could have guessed that password. lol Roll Eyes

Then Frontier bounces you Ticketek's site.

No doubt everyone has seen Split Enz on ABC Comedy/Music show "Fridays" performing "I Got You" while they are waiting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8rejFCjzE0

BTW: There is no special link tool with the site to embed video, is there ?.

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=8682
quote:
Originally posted by crimpies:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaffaman:
I recommend everyone read this before booking your flights Wink

Any more suggestions? (specifically, which island to fly to first?) Wink


First gigs in Christchurch though. Wink
Can cost quite a bit to travel from Auckland to Christchurch even by bus then ferry, yet alone fly at that time of the year, isn't it Easter ?.
You might be better to fly direct to Christchurch, if you are planning to catch all the gigs Crimpies ?.
Then Wellington then Auckland.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3gkdg_split-enz-2008-nztour-ad_music
I'm just worried that I'll book plane tickets to Christchurch and then have a possible warmup show announced on the north island. That would be, well, annoying!

Also I'd assume if there will be 2nd shows announced in all three cities then the 2nd show announced for Christchurch would in fact be the Saturday - the day before the one about to go on sale.

Do you think going to all shows is greedy? It would mean someone else in NZ misses out.. What to do?? I think I'll buy tickets to all shows and deal with problems as they arise.
quote:
Originally posted by crimpies:
I'm just worried that I'll book plane tickets to Christchurch and then have a possible warmup show announced on the north island. That would be, well, annoying!

Also I'd assume if there will be 2nd shows announced in all three cities then the 2nd show announced for Christchurch would in fact be the Saturday - the day before the one about to go on sale.

Do you think going to all shows is greedy? It would mean someone else in NZ misses out.. What to do?? I think I'll buy tickets to all shows and deal with problems as they arise.


>>Do you think going to all shows is greedy? It would mean someone else in NZ misses out..<<


'Are you havin' a laugh ?' Hell no, if i had the bucks i would go to all the gig's.

Good point about the possible warm up shows (Tim mentioned this in that TV3 interview), and maybe other dates, but it might be like Crowded House they sold out Wellington months before the gig, and there were no extra gigs put on.


Any member got a spare platinum credit card that is surplus to their needs. lol Roll Eyes Razzer
quote:
Originally posted by Andrea:
Was offered Row 2 seats 2-4 but CC was declined Roll Eyes Guess the decision has been made for me..

How did you all go?


I'm so sorry!
Remember this was just the presale - you've still got 2 days to get the $ into your account!

FWIW I got:
Christchurch Row A floor
Wellington Row E stalls (I hope that's floor)
Auckland Row 5 floor
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
I haven't been overseas since I was 10. (I'm 24.)
quote:
Originally posted by crimpies:
quote:
Originally posted by Andrea:
Was offered Row 2 seats 2-4 but CC was declined Roll Eyes Guess the decision has been made for me..

How did you all go?




FWIW I got:
Christchurch Row A floor
Wellington Row E stalls (I hope that's floor)
Auckland Row 5 floor
Sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
I haven't been overseas since I was 10. (I'm 24.)


wow wish I could afford all of the shows!! Am happy to be going at least once.
Other teachers here are wondering what is going on with me! I'm screeeching in my staffroom!!!!
I just went to see what sort of seats I'd be offered if I extended to Wellington as well as (the fantastic row B seats I have for) ChCh, and just scored SStalls row C, seats 50 and 49.

I notice on the Wellington map that there are two stalls sections (1 and 2) - do I have 3rd row from the front, or are there two row Cs?

My luck has been so crappy lately - this might be my turning point!!!
quote:
Originally posted by surferlisa:
I got sstalls J 62 which suck, because i cound of got sstalls A 23 atfer the three try. But i did have enough money on my card. lol

Things happen maybe next time.


J62? Is that for Wellington? How wide is the floor? Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne is only 45 seats wide on the floor, so this venue must be massive!
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie's Mum:
Other teachers here are wondering what is going on with me! I'm screeeching in my staffroom!!!!
I just went to see what sort of seats I'd be offered if I extended to Wellington as well as (the fantastic row B seats I have for) ChCh, and just scored SStalls row C, seats 50 and 49.

I notice on the Wellington map that there are two stalls sections (1 and 2) - do I have 3rd row from the front, or are there two row Cs?

My luck has been so crappy lately - this might be my turning point!!!


>>SStalls row C, seats 50 and 49<<

If it is the same layout as C.H. and i am sure it will be.

3rd row from the front (facing) stage left, 5 seats from the isle inbetween the left isle (facing stage) centre. Confused

Yeah they don't show the seating plan at Wellington except at the Ticketek offices.
quote:
Originally posted by crimpies:
quote:
Originally posted by surferlisa:
I got sstalls J 62 which suck, because i cound of got sstalls A 23 atfer the three try. But i did have enough money on my card. lol

Things happen maybe next time.


J62? Is that for Wellington? How wide is the floor? Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne is only 45 seats wide on the floor, so this venue must be massive!


I'm not sure how wide it is, but i think 20 was about centre stage.

I feel rip-off now, at the side. Never get the first tickets you come to. Not like me who did. lol
quote:
Originally posted by thevisitor:
quote:
Originally posted by Charlie's Mum:

I notice on the Wellington map that there are two stalls sections (1 and 2) - do I have 3rd row from the front, or are there two row Cs?

My luck has been so crappy lately - this might be my turning point!!!


>>SStalls row C, seats 50 and 49<<

If it is the same layout as C.H. and i am sure it will be.

3rd row from the front (facing) stage left, 5 seats from the isle inbetween the left isle (facing stage) centre. Confused

Yeah they don't show the seating plan at Wellington except at the Ticketek offices.


Yay! that is absolutely the coolest thing ever. Now all I need is to ensure I keep my ear to the ground on a warm-up show and my life is complete.

I'm marking assignments. Students should be happy that I'm now in this mood!
quote:
Originally posted by crimpies:
quote:
Originally posted by surferlisa:
I got sstalls J 62 which suck, because i cound of got sstalls A 23 atfer the three try. But i did have enough money on my card. lol

Things happen maybe next time.


J62? Is that for Wellington? How wide is the floor? Rod Laver Arena in Melbourne is only 45 seats wide on the floor, so this venue must be massive!


Seats 44/45 are about dead centre in the floor seating at TSB Arena in Wellington.
quote:
Originally posted by Semi-Detached:
I'M GOING TO SPLIT ENZ BABY!!! WOO HOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Christchurch
Area: Floor
Section: SFL-1
Row: D
Seats: 40-41

"Oh happy day..." Big Grin


It's about bloody time Gav! Ixillint Wink work there. Congrats to all on landing tix. I so wish I were going, but I know you'll all keep us well advised of the goings on in March Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by Semi-Detached:
Hey Yemanja...what seat are you? I'm 40-41...we might be neighbours! Big Grin


Almost, I'm in seat 37! Will look forward to saying hi Smiler

And I must add, I am very organised with this trip now I have my show tickets. After booking my trans Tasman flights a few days back, have now booked my accommodation in both cities and today organised a flight from Christchurch to Wellington at the bargain basement price of $60.00! It's all good so roll on March I say Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by wrc

Seats 44/45 are about dead centre in the floor seating at TSB Arena in Wellington.


I was 2 seats from the left hand side isle (centre block) for C.H. and my seat number was 42.

So the centre block ends with 44, not sure what it starts with 15 ??.

Think Surferlisa might be right dead centre might be 20.

Gonna check tomorrow, and will try to get a plan for Wellington, or at least a photo, to put up for the members.

It's cunning that they don't show the seating plan on the net or on their site.
quote:
Originally posted by thevisitor:
quote:
Originally posted by wrc

Seats 44/45 are about dead centre in the floor seating at TSB Arena in Wellington.


I was 2 seats from the left hand side isle (centre block) for C.H. and my seat number was 42.

So the centre block ends with 44, not sure what it starts with 15 ??.

Think Surferlisa might be right dead centre might be 20.

Gonna check tomorrow, and will try to get a plan for Wellington, or at least a photo, to put up for the members.

It's cunning that they don't show the seating plan on the net or on their site.


My mistake, I was 10 seats out... I'm informed we were actually seats 34 & 35 for Crowded House, which was right smack bang in the centre. The signage at the venue even confirmed as much, as from memory the left hand entry door was for seats 35 upwards, and the right hand door for 34 and below. The usher told us to take our pick Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by wrc:
quote:
Originally posted by thevisitor:
quote:
Originally posted by wrc

Seats 44/45 are about dead centre in the floor seating at TSB Arena in Wellington.


I was 2 seats from the left hand side isle (centre block) for C.H. and my seat number was 42.

So the centre block ends with 44, not sure what it starts with 15 ??.

Think Surferlisa might be right dead centre might be 20.

Gonna check tomorrow, and will try to get a plan for Wellington, or at least a photo, to put up for the members.

It's cunning that they don't show the seating plan on the net or on their site.


My mistake, I was 10 seats out... I'm informed we were actually seats 34 & 35 for Crowded House, which was right smack bang in the centre. The signage at the venue even confirmed as much, as from memory the left hand entry door was for seats 35 upwards, and the right hand door for 34 and below. The usher told us to take our pick Big Grin


Sounds good WRC. Smiler

This what i will aim for when i see the plan tomorrow.

Dead centre, say row 4 or 5.

I was amazed how different the sound sounded from the soundcheck and when the auditorium was full of people during the gig.
You didn't seem to get the full frequency response during the gig, like i heard at the soundcheck.

But it was good that C.H. had the P.A.'s mounted from the ceiling aimed down at the crowd, but i guess the crowd obsorb the sound or something.

But all in all the acoustics aren't too bad at the TSB.

I was interested how they balanced the speakers at the soundcheck with pink noise, and how they adjusted the stage monitor speaker levels, it seemed there was a rear speaker the back of the auditorium, like a sub woofer, but i maybe wrong, from memory the soundboard was 16 channels, 8 each side.

Here's a pic of the soundboard at C.H. after Surferlisa beat me to the setlist. Razzer

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
By thevisitortjn at 2007-11-14
I'm so excited, Split Enz in NZ
Tickets I got are
Christchurch
Floor SFL 1 Row B Seat 28

Wellington
Floor SStalls Row E seat 34

Auckland
Foor Row 4 seat 32
Just go home to Perth after seeing The Crowdies on the East Coast and still have 2 more shows to go.

Still need to look at airfaires Frowner if my finances allows hope to look at touring the north Island for a week.

Am buzzing at the moment, don't know if it is because of the Crowdies or Split Enz Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by pez:
I'm so excited, Split Enz in NZ
Tickets I got are
Christchurch
Floor SFL 1 Row B Seat 28

Wellington
Floor SStalls Row E seat 34

Auckland
Foor Row 4 seat 32
Just go home to Perth after seeing The Crowdies on the East Coast and still have 2 more shows to go.

Still need to look at airfaires Frowner if my finances allows hope to look at touring the north Island for a week.

Am buzzing at the moment, don't know if it is because of the Crowdies or Split Enz Big Grin


Excellent Pez. Smiler

>>Wellington
Floor SStalls Row E seat 34<<

Damm i wanted that one. Razzer

There is either going to be a hell of a lot of people in a line for public sales in 7 1/2 hours time or none or just few. Confused

Hope there are some good seats left. Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon:
Just remembered we also have a small plane flying around with a Split Enz sign mentioning the shows...not sure if this is at all 3 cities?
For all you kiwi's look skywards this week!!!!


Look out for Neil being interviewed on Classic Hits (NZ), Newstalk ZB and Radio Hauraki.

Gryph


Excellent Gryph. Smiler

The excitment is building across the ditch never mind your Rod Steward's, Elton John's, or Kiss...The Enz Are Coming 'Home'. Big Grin

These gigs are gonna sell out real quick, as if C.H. didn't sell out quick enough.
After frigging around somewhat to start with, which wouldn't have helped, I realised that I had the best seats I could get, and am pretty happy with them.

Flying into Christchurch Friday 21 March 08 and flying out of Auckland Sunday 30 March 08. Petty exciting stuff. Big Grin

I don't want to book accommodation or travel within New Zealand until I see whether any extra shows will be added anywhere. If they are planning on doing this, hopefully it will be fairly soon.
quote:
Originally posted by crimpies:
How'd y'all go in the public sale?


Dammm i am not that happy, cause my ride and money weren't here before 9am.

I didn't get to the box office till 11am, and most of the floor had gone with pre-sales and 2 hours of public sales for Wellington. Confused

Still first floor, but went for floor centre, but right up the back, but the back blocks (floor) are elevated, where as the floor (main) isn't.

Oh well hope i hit 'the centre point of sound', as i have at some gig's near the back, but dammm i am 57 or 60 rows back from the stage. Frowner

And/or at this rate this first date at Wellington will be sold out in a matter of days IMHO, so maybe another date will be added for Wellington ??. Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by carvedinmarble:
Be still my beating heart!! Bought ticket to the wellington show. Look out Kiwis!! If any other melbourne frenz are heading there on their own, would love to catch up. Bring on the 25th of March Big Grin


Excellent Carvedinmarble. Smiler

Hope you got a better floor seat than me.

I see on the ticket it says plus special guests, no further information, wonder who it could be ?.

BTW Overseas members that were worried about collecting their tickets, or having them posted overseas i see Ticketek has a new feature for ticket collection.

Internet ezyTicket (Add $5.00)
Tickets are sent as a PDF attachment to your booking confirmation email. Open ezyTicket using Adobe Reader, save it to your computer then print your tickets at your convenience. ezyTicket requires Adobe Reader version 6.0 or above (version 8.0 is recommended).

Don't know if Ticketmaster for the Auckland gig has the same.
Glad you did well Eyes since you missed out on Tim last year.

Not so much luck at this end due to a comedy of errors... of the BP raising kind and how - especially with Frenz depending on me! Hugs in a big way Visitor, I know how much more screwed I was after 10 miniutes this morning, let alone 2 hours! Looking forward to catching up with you again anyway.

Anyone know what the view from the lower balcony at Christchurch is like? Got row A for that just in front of the stage in preference to ... can't remember what but it didn't look pretty.

I do believe that Ticketmaster has the same system for Auckland with printing your tickets. I tend to go for venue pickup when I'm on the wrong side of the ditch - one less thing to remember to pack, just can't forget the credit card on pain of death!
The seating chart on the internet for all 3 Enz NZ dates are crap. I am in the UK and booked tickets but do not really know where my seats are. I know where I am when I see Crowded House at Wembely at Christmas. Why such a crap seat map on the net of the gigs? I have never see the Enz before and I do not really want to see the back of people heads or little ants on stage. I am sorry to moan I may have great seats. Can someone please tell me if for Auckland null dd 717 upper bowl and null u 272 lower bowl are good seats and if for Wellington ust sblock1 row e seat 42 is a good seat and for Christchirch flr section sfl1 row l seat 25 is a good seat? Agian sorry to moan.
quote:
Originally posted by Sam28:
Wellington ust sblock1 row e seat 42 is a good seat


Mmmmmm A bit better than me in Block 3 Row M Centre, but it is elevated, where as the main floor isn't.

TSB Wellington: Wellington's largest indoor concert hall holds up to 5,600 people or 4,650 for a fully seated concert.

http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/venues/viewseatingmap.aspx?v=WQW&s=9515

Don't know if this little video helps (proberly not it looks dark on the net) taken from row R floor dead centre, you can see the elevated stalls Block 1 and 3 when it pans around.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3hr4w_tsb-wellington_music

Hi folks,

How exciting!!! My 11yo son is a new fan of Split Enz, so I would love the excuse to take him on his first visit to NZ and also see his very first concert - Split Enz.

Unfortunately, I can't book tickets from work, so will need to go to an internet cafe tonight to do so. Do you think there will still be decent seating left for the Auckland concert?

Cheers

Andy
[QUOTE]
Originally posted by mummakook:
Hugs in a big way Visitor, I know how much more screwed I was after 10 miniutes this morning, let alone 2 hours! Looking forward to catching up with you again anyway.
[QUOTE]

Big hugs back at ya M.K. Smiler
You might like to swap tic's for Wellington with me, if yours are closer to the stage....LOL
Would be nice to catch up again.
Might see you stage door at Wellington ?. Wink
quote:
Originally posted by thevisitor:
[QUOTE]
Originally posted by mummakook:
Hugs in a big way Visitor, I know how much more screwed I was after 10 miniutes this morning, let alone 2 hours! Looking forward to catching up with you again anyway.
[QUOTE]

Big hugs back at ya M.K. Smiler
You might like to swap tic's for Wellington with me, if yours are closer to the stage....LOL
Would be nice to catch up again.
Might see you stage door at Wellington ?. Wink


Quite likely mate, but no go on the tix. If my memory serves I'm 2 rows behind you!!!
quote:
Originally posted by mummakook:
quote:
Originally posted by thevisitor:
[QUOTE]
Originally posted by mummakook:
Hugs in a big way Visitor, I know how much more screwed I was after 10 miniutes this morning, let alone 2 hours! Looking forward to catching up with you again anyway.
[QUOTE]

Big hugs back at ya M.K. Smiler
You might like to swap tic's for Wellington with me, if yours are closer to the stage....LOL
Would be nice to catch up again.
Might see you stage door at Wellington ?. Wink


Quite likely mate, but no go on the tix. If my memory serves I'm 2 rows behind you!!!


Oh so that meens your in Block 5 centre ? 30 something ?. Cool
quote:
Originally posted by mummakook:
Yes it seems you're right. It's letting me buy now (well look anyway). Damn, I was hoping for a sellout and second show!!!


Vector holds about 12,000, TSB Wellington 4,650 seated seems sales at Wellington have slowed, but rest assured the date will sell out soon.

In fact i will make a prediction that Wellywood sells out first as it did for C.H. months before the gig.
Got to say i like the promo pic that goes with the Split Enz 2008 N.Z. Tour, wonder when this was taken ?. Auckland prehaps when Neil was here, or ages ago ?.




So i guess the shows will be without make-up (Split Enz unmasked), hell after all they made their point back in the day.

Wonder if Mr T. Finn ever did pay Mr R. Finn the $50 he was fined by Rotary for his son having such a bad haircut back in the day. Roll Eyes

Can't wait till March 2008. Smiler
quote:
Originally posted by thevisitor:
Got to say i like the promo pic that goes with the Split Enz 2008 N.Z. Tour, wonder when this was taken ?. Auckland prehaps when Neil was here, or ages ago ?.



I too think it was taken for the ARIA Hall Of Fame in 2005. If you have access to a programme from the Australian tour, there's a nearly identical photo on the centre page, with Mal between Eddie and Tim. I think he's been skillfully Photoshopped out of this one!
quote:
Originally posted by zebrasnake:
*sigh*

I guess god is a kiwi.

anyone feel like sending me a ticket to New Zealand? I promise to be good (mostly).

Smiler


>>I guess god is a kiwi.<<

No 'God is an American' Razzer but wait there's more.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1upgu_david-bowie-i-m...d-of-americans_music

But seriously Zebrasnake there are still tickets for Wellingtion about the same location as i bought a week ago, there must also be tics for the other dates / locations ?.

Or is it the $'s, we could have a whip around, in fact are there any generous members with a gold or platinum credit card that want to be my friend, i could show you around the underbelly of N.Z. life. Big Grin Roll Eyes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UxgQ27RDDWk