Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

We have been sitting on this for awhile, glad it's finally out.
Noel has flown into NZ-so expect more from Tim,Eddie and Noel as far as media.
3 dates so far
March 23rd-Christchurch Westpac Arena
March 25th-Wellington-TSB Bank Arena
March 28th-Auckland-Vector Arena

Ticket www.ticketmaster.co.nz 09 9709700

Keep an eye here for general ticket sales and the pre sale.(we'll post the date/s).

It will be the Time & Tide line up.

Sunday Star Times will have a exclusive interview on the weekend, and expect to see Enz everywhere in newspapers/radio etc....

Muc much more later and keep an eye on www.frenz.com/splitenz/

From the band room of Crowded House-Melbourne !
xxxGryph
quote:
Originally posted by Jaffaman:
It didn't work for me using Safari but fine on the ol' Mac version of Internet Explorer.


Indeed Jaffaman, updated to Windows Media 11 player and cleared cache and what a magic interview, with 'spoons'.

Noel and John seemed to know John Campbell quite well, maybe from the Wellington days when John Campbell was at Victoria University and on Radio Active on campus (the first FM station in N.Z. i believe).

http://www.radioactive.co.nz/


http://www.shotbro.com:80/blog/?p=1094

This is really exciting news and pre-sales for Auckland's Vector Arena 13/11/07.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/artist/1174109/?search_re...ink=tm_header_search
quote:
Originally posted by gryphon:
We have been sitting on this for awhile, glad it's finally out.
Noel has flown into NZ-so expect more from Tim,Eddie and Noel as far as media.
3 dates so far
March 23rd-Christchurch Westpac Arena
March 25th-Wellington-TSB Bank Arena
March 28th-Auckland-Vector Arena

Ticket www.ticketmaster.co.nz 09 9709700

Keep an eye here for general ticket sales and the pre sale.(we'll post the date/s).

It will be the Time & Tide line up.

Sunday Star Times will have a exclusive interview on the weekend, and expect to see Enz everywhere in newspapers/radio etc....

Muc much more later and keep an eye on www.frenz.com/splitenz/

From the band room of Crowded House-Melbourne !
xxxGryph


Excellent news Gryphon. Smiler

Are Ticketmaster just doing Auckland, i see they have it up on their site.

Ticketek for the rest of the country ?.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1bet2_split-enz-gtk-1975_music
Keep your eyes on http://www.frenz.com/splitenz/, The http://www.frenz.com homepage, and of course http://blog.frenz.com.

There's a number of things we're rolling out at the moment, some within the next few hours, and some over the course of the next week.

As always, we're trying to keep the blog up to date so that Enz fans around the Globe have a central resource to get all news and article links. We'd be very happy if people could email us, either iarla@frenz.com or tracy@frenz.com and we'll get the news up as soon as we can.
I am going to Australia and New Zealand in the new year for a holiday. It was a good thing I have not yet booked my plane ticket. I really hope I can make it to this concert. I was in Sydney Australia in 2006. I tried to live out there but could not get the right job and ran out of money so went back to the UK and missed the Enz OZ tour which was a great shame. I will try to make it this time round.
Who is in the line up for this tour? I think it is Tim,Nigel,Eddie,Noel and Neil. What about Mal? Tim did say the drummer was Someone Barker. Who is he and is he really the new drummer? What was all that about some new songs. I can't see this being anymore than the 3 gigs in NZ as Crowded House are ment to be making a new CD in the new year and a frestival tour of Europe mid year.
quote:
Originally posted by Seany.:
Baker, Barker? Well, if it's Baker, it's either Ginger or Tammy. As Ginger's no longer with us on the physical plane (RIP), & Tammy's busy with the chocolate cake, looks like the drum stool might be going to Michael Barker. Who? Michael Barker, you know,
Clive's brother. Eeker


Erm, Tammy is no longer with us either Seany with or without cake. Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by Gryphon: It will be the Time & Tide line up.


The T & T lineup was/should be Tim, Neil, Nigel, Noel & Eddie! Mal was not part of that line-up. Not a clue who this Barker is. Confused Perhaps Tim's drummer for his US tour?
quote:
Originally posted by Bold As Brass:
quote:
Originally posted by Seany.:
Baker, Barker? Well, if it's Baker, it's either Ginger or Tammy. As Ginger's no longer with us on the physical plane (RIP), & Tammy's busy with the chocolate cake, looks like the drum stool might be going to Michael Barker. Who? Michael Barker, you know,
Clive's brother. Eeker


Erm, Tammy is no longer with us either Seany with or without cake. Roll Eyes

quote:
Originally posted by Gryphon: It will be the Time & Tide line up.


The T & T lineup was/should be Tim, Neil, Nigel, Noel & Eddie! Mal was not part of that line-up. Not a clue who this Barker is. Confused Perhaps Tim's drummer for his US tour?


Who was that drummer? Over here it was Matt Eccles, but he is in his early twenties.

Gav, you lucky man you! Wink

Seany., what is your obsession with Farnsie?? Don't tell me you miss him! Big Grin

BaB, if I will the lottery, I will pay for plane tickets for both of us. But as that doesn't seem very likely... Frowner History never repeats.. Frowner


-------------------------------------------------------
So we're all going gangbusters on lotto tickets then ! Big Grin

Thought someone in Dunner's might be really happy about this !! Gav did I hear a faint squeal of delight?? Oh that's right, boys don't squeal.

Why they don't include Dunedin in the lineup is beyond me. Seems most of the Christchurch concert goers are from Dunedin!! There is Carisbrook Stadium which I'm sure would be rained out and windy, but still have them turn up in droves, from down south and the west coast.

Yup, the mind is calculating.
I've just posted in another thread about this.

I want to be there. I notice its over the Easter (Australia) weekend, which helps.

Thank goodness I didn't get the job which I recently went for, or I'd have been locked in, without having been able to advise that I have a holiday booked in March Wink At least now I can say that in any further interviews (they often ask anyway).

How exciting is this. I want to do all 3 shows if at all possible.
Just spoke with Ticketek, no word on pre-sales like Ticketmaster for Auckland.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/artist/1174109/?search_re...ink=tm_header_search

But if i can scrape up the money i want to be one of the first in at a Ticketek branch for public sales at 9am Thursday 15th November.

Cause judging how quick Crowded House sold out at TSB Wellington.

Either sold out months before the gig, or maybe more dates ?. Confused
quote:
Originally posted by Langkawi13:
I would so love to be able to go to New Zealand to see Split Enz but may not be able to travel over there because of lack of funds... I have been looking everywhere and cant find out how much the tickets cost (I know this is a stupid questing but I really need to know) does anyone know? Confused

This is very exciting!


Ticketmaster are doing pre-sales from ....

Internet Onsale Info
Onsale to General Public:
Thu 15/11/07, 09:00


Internet Presale Info
Frontier Members:
Start:Tue 13/11/07, 14:00
End:Wed 14/11/07, 14:00

SPLIT ENZ
RADIO HAURAKI
FRONTIER TOURING CO.
CLASSIC HITS
VECTOR ARENA
FRI 28 MAR 2008 8:00PM

http://www.ticketmaster.co.nz/event/24003F68D2E82AA0?ar...d=10001&minorcatid=1

For the Auckland gig.

------------------------------------------------

Wellington and Christchurch are done by Ticketek, they don't have any further information about weither Ticketek will do pre-sales, or just General Public:
Thu 15/11/07, 09:00.

http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/search/SearchResults.aspx...plit+enz&c=&r=&city=

Nothing on Ticketeks site yet.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/metro/story.cfm?l_id=117&objectid=10475024

No ticket prices on Ticketmaster's site yet.

Bet the price will be around what Crowded House were $87.50 N.Z.
quote:
Originally posted by thevisitor:

Wellington and Christchurch are done by Ticketek, they don't have any further information about weither Ticketek will do pre-sales, or just General Public:
Thu 15/11/07, 09:00.

http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/search/SearchResults.aspx...plit+enz&c=&r=&city=

Nothing on Ticketeks site yet.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/metro/story.cfm?l_id=117&objectid=10475024

No ticket prices on Ticketmaster's site yet.

Bet the price will be around what Crowded House were $87.50 N.Z.


Frontier Touring usually does the pre sale via the ticket company (Ticketek or Tickmaster.)
quote:
Why they don't include Dunedin in the lineup is beyond me.


We just don't have a suitable venue here, Tam, although it would be a bit of (ancient) history re-repeating to see the Enz at the grand old Regent Theatre. The powers-that-be are still f**king around making a decision about whether or not to build a new stadium. Good ol' Dunedin...always one step behind! Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by giveitawhirl:
quote:
giveitawhirl I empathise with you, I did get to the 2006 shows but missed all the Frenz stuff that came with it, and I doubt I'll even be able to hop over the pond to see them


Isn't it tragic? I've just worked out that it would cost more than £600 to fly from London to Auckland, so I don't think it's happening.

Sigh.


Feeling your pain here in America. *sigh*

It is great news nonetheless.
quote:
Originally posted by surferlisa:
Pre Sale Tickets from 2pm NZ time Tuesday November 13 until 2pm NZ time Wednesday November 14 (or until pre-sale allocation is exhausted).

http://frontiertouring.com.au/currenttours/Split_Enz__New_Zealand_2008


Alrighty, just sorted out the time zone difference (hopefully). Thank goodness Monday is a holiday here or I'd be skivving off work for an hour to try to get tickets. Big Grin

Time to start saving my pennies...
That's my problem too Charlie's Mum.

This has happened twice before. I have been off work (could have had temp work but had knocked it back), I'm due to start a new temp job on Monday, and in that week is when the ticket sales are. Mad Its always that week when I start the new possie that the ticket sales are happening.

I'm not sure of what to do. I would have liked to have tried the Frontier Pre-Sale, but that's in the middle of the day.

The other option is to try the early morning one on Thursday, and just be a bit late in if I have to Roll Eyes

I'm a bit focused on this - temp jobs will come and go (and I am only the temp) but this opportunity isn't going to come again, so I'm feeling that I'll just have to do what I have to do, whatever the consequences. Razzer I can't tell you how many years it has taken to develop this mildly rebellious streak. Roll Eyes

They should at least have staggered the times for the different shows. However, I can de-stress myself by telling myself that at least I will be under the same roof as them, in New Zealand, even if I am only just in the back door. Cool

It is a dilemma though. I may see if my brother can help me out on the Tuesday.

It happened with Split Enz,
quote:
Originally posted by surferlisa:
quote:
Originally posted by thevisitor:

Wellington and Christchurch are done by Ticketek, they don't have any further information about weither Ticketek will do pre-sales, or just General Public:
Thu 15/11/07, 09:00.

http://premier.ticketek.co.nz/search/SearchResults.aspx...plit+enz&c=&r=&city=

Nothing on Ticketeks site yet.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/metro/story.cfm?l_id=117&objectid=10475024

No ticket prices on Ticketmaster's site yet.

Bet the price will be around what Crowded House were $87.50 N.Z.


Frontier Touring usually does the pre sale via the ticket company (Ticketek or Tickmaster.)


OK Thank You for that Surferlisa, forgot about Frontier Touring.

Think i am still going to do it 'manually' as in a fist full of dollars at a Ticketek office Thursday 15th November 9am.

Iv'e always been disapointed with pre-sales seats, like to pick off the plan a good seat, bet the shows are gonna sell-out quick.
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Rose:
That's my problem too Charlie's Mum.

This has happened twice before. I have been off work (could have had temp work but had knocked it back), I'm due to start a new temp job on Monday, and in that week is when the ticket sales are. Mad Its always that week when I start the new possie that the ticket sales are happening.

I'm not sure of what to do. I would have liked to have tried the Frontier Pre-Sale, but that's in the middle of the day.

The other option is to try the early morning one on Thursday, and just be a bit late in if I have to Roll Eyes

I'm a bit focused on this - temp jobs will come and go (and I am only the temp) but this opportunity isn't going to come again, so I'm feeling that I'll just have to do what I have to do, whatever the consequences. Razzer I can't tell you how many years it has taken to develop this mildly rebellious streak. Roll Eyes

They should at least have staggered the times for the different shows. However, I can de-stress myself by telling myself that at least I will be under the same roof as them, in New Zealand, even if I am only just in the back door. Cool

It is a dilemma though. I may see if my brother can help me out on the Tuesday.

It happened with Split Enz,


I'm going to be going to the ChCh show TR, so I can get you a ticket for that one if you like.
I wish they were going on sale mid Dec, not mid Nov Frowner

Done the figures, & I just dont have the spare cash this month ....... damn car insurance .....

Wish my XMas bonus (yes, some of us still get them) was paid in November, not December Frowner

I have a credit with Virgin that I could use for the airfare & all, too Frowner

But there's no point in going if I dont have tix Frowner Need cash this Monday to buy tix, having it in 4 weeks time really wont help much Frowner

Have a great time for anyone who's going Big Grin Big Grin Especially those NZers who couldnt get to Australia last time around Big Grin
hk wrote:

quote:
I'm going to be going to the ChCh shI'm going to be going to the ChCh show TR, so I can get you a ticket for that one if you like.


hk, if I offer to be your slave for the rest of your life, does that give you any indication of how grateful I would be. Big Grin

That would be seriously fantastic. My sister in law is going to try and get tickets for me, so I'll tell her we only need to worry about Welly and Aucks Cool

I'll PM you in relation to this.
quote:
Originally posted by Distant Sander:
WOW! To see Split Enz live in New Zealand, that's a dream for me. I'd love to visit New Zealand once, this seems to be the right moment. But the flights are really expensive. How about chartering an aeroplane from London to New Zealand, filled with Frenz Smiler


A good idea, DS, but would be a better idea if you included a stop-over in Vancouver. I think it's along the way...sort of. Big Grin
Well I've bitten the bullet and just booked some flights!! Flying from
Melbourne to Christchurch on Good Friday March 21st and then from Wellington
back to Melbourne on Wednesday March 26th, so will be hoping and praying to
get a good seat for shows in both cities. I've never seen the Enz before
plus have never been to anywhere in NZ other than Auckland so its a win win
situation for me for sure!! If anyone else there is interested in coming
along, would love to hear from you (and would also love to be able to help
or give advice with your travel plans as I am actually a travel agent Smiler ) My email addy is sltravelworld@optusnet.com.au.
This will be my first Split Enz concert woohoo, and just after my first ever concert (Crowded House.)

quote:
Originally posted by Finnatically:
Anyone have an idea of how much it will be??


I guessing around the same price as the Crowded House tickets, because it's at the same venues as the Crowded House concerts ($87.50 + services fees for Chch and Wgtn.)
I'm going to fly straight to Christchurch too yemanja. What airline are you flying with?

I was checking for decent priced flights when they announced these shows, and noticed that the more reasonable ones were already booked out, no doubt due to it being Easter.

I then thought about flying out on the Wednesday before, but I probably won't do that. I'm thinking I'll just pay whatever I need to and do it that way.

I'm not going to book flights until I have my concert tickets. After that, I'll book my flights, accommodation and travel within New Zealand.

How exciting...

I've already been checking out hotels etc in the vicinity of the venues (I like to stay close-ish to the venue).
quote:
Originally posted by Texas Rose:
I'm going to fly straight to Christchurch too yemanja. What airline are you flying with?

I was checking for decent priced flights when they announced these shows, and noticed that the more reasonable ones were already booked out, no doubt due to it being Easter.

I then thought about flying out on the Wednesday before, but I probably won't do that. I'm thinking I'll just pay whatever I need to and do it that way.

I'm not going to book flights until I have my concert tickets. After that, I'll book my flights, accommodation and travel within New Zealand.

How exciting...

I've already been checking out hotels etc in the vicinity of the venues (I like to stay close-ish to the venue).


I'm flying with Jetstar on Friday 21st March (Good Friday) and paid $269.00 one way, which is not bad at all except it arrives so darn late at 11.05pm. I used my Qantas points to fly back from Wellington on 26th March (and splurged with business class Smiler ) so only had to pay the taxes which I think was around $80.00. So pretty good value all around I figure! I've also started looking at accom but will wait until I hopefully have tickets in hand before booking.

As for travelling in NZ, I was thinking of possibly driving from Christchurch to Picton and then taking the ferry over to Wellington. Or another possibility is the Tranz Coastal train which looks great. Not sure yet but will be doing some further investigation in the near future.
I've actually been checking out the Intercity Bus Lines, because that's how I did it with mummakook last year, and I have to say that I loved the coach travel.

You get to look out the window at the spectacular scenery, and the cost is really minimal for the distances travelled. The only hiccup is that from what I can tell, the trip from Wellington to Auckland will be about 10 hours by coach Eeker

I haven't booked anything yet, so I'm not locked in. However I don't particularly want to fly that leg of it.

You didn't do too badly price wise on your ticket over there. I've completely ruled Qantas out, because I think they were the most expensive by far (I didn't write down the price). I'm going to try and get a flight that doesn't arrive too late, but if I can't manage that, then I'll aim to leave on the Thursday before.

I'll book flights as soon as I have tickets in my hot little hand. Its a busy time of year, and leaving it too late is probably a bit silly.

Should be brilliant. Big Grin
Not going to happen for me.

There is no way I'd be able to get there.
I will be having surgery on my foot in February so will be off work for that whole month. I doubt very much work will let me have more time off in March and I don't know how the foot will be. And I don't think it will be acceptable to the family budget. I know they are the greatest band that ever was and I love them to death, but I have other things in life abit more important.

Oh well - I saw them in Melbourne and we have a DVD for the memories.

Have a great time everyone.
Thanks for the link Jaff. Great interview except this bit..

quote:
Tim Finn has a busy solo career. He has toured Europe and the US this year and returns to the US for shows in January and February. Rayner is an in-demand musical factotum who promised himself a year off this year after several series of New Zealand Idol but it hasn't worked out that way. Neil Finn is in another band.



another band....they do actually have a name and I wonder why this would not be mentioned??
quote:
Originally posted by yemanja:
Thanks for the link Jaff. Great interview except this bit..

quote:
Tim Finn has a busy solo career. He has toured Europe and the US this year and returns to the US for shows in January and February. Rayner is an in-demand musical factotum who promised himself a year off this year after several series of New Zealand Idol but it hasn't worked out that way. Neil Finn is in another band.


another band....they do actually have a name and I wonder why this would not be mentioned??


Yeah, I thought that was weird too. Or maybe it was meant to be a joke...who knows...odd. Roll Eyes
quote:
Originally posted by Jaffaman:
Here's the Sunday Star Times interiew with Tim and Eddie:
Close Encounter with Split Enz
I recommend everyone read this before booking your flights Wink


Excellent Thank You for the link Jaffaman. Smiler

I got the impression 'Neil been in another band' was a comment from the interviewer, not the Enz.

Re get you obscure track requests in on Tim's blog.

I know what i want "Haul Away" and "Without A Doubt". Smiler
Trying to get ready for this pre-sale, but I think the gods are against me. I have no idea of what the pre-sale password is? The Frontier site says it will post it by noon NZ time (which was 15 mins ago), but nothing yet?

Then I had trouble working out whether I could actually buy the tickets because I'm an Australian Ticketek member, not a NZ member. I think I might have gotten around that though by ensuring I log onto the NZ version of the site.

Any help greatly appreciated. I am pitching for the Christchurch show in the pre-sale, and then will look at the others for thursday.
quote:
Originally posted by hk:
It's 11.30 in New Zealand at the moment (9.30am Melbourne), Charlie's mum. So half an hour to go.


LOL I was just going to say that, what with daylight saving. Smiler

Pre-sales is out for me, cut up the credit card. Confused Mad
Think general sales will work for me, guess you can still pick your seat and match with the plan to see how far away it is even with pre-sales.

Ticketek quotes $93. plus booking fee, but as i understand it the Tickeek pre-sales does go through Frontier Touring any ho.




10 mins till the password.

2 hours 10 mins to go to buy, good luck pre-sales buyers, let us know what kind of seats you get.
quote:
Originally posted by surferlisa:
Password has been posted now!


Duh !!
I could have guessed that password. lol Roll Eyes

Then Frontier bounces you Ticketek's site.

No doubt everyone has seen Split Enz on ABC Comedy/Music show "Fridays" performing "I Got You" while they are waiting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8rejFCjzE0

BTW: There is no special link tool with the site to embed video, is there ?.

http://www.pollstar.com/news/viewnews.pl?NewsID=8682
quote:
Originally posted by crimpies:
quote:
Originally posted by Jaffaman:
I recommend everyone read this before booking your flights Wink

Any more suggestions? (specifically, which island to fly to first?) Wink


First gigs in Christchurch though. Wink
Can cost quite a bit to travel from Auckland to Christchurch even by bus then ferry, yet alone fly at that time of the year, isn't it Easter ?.
You might be better to fly direct to Christchurch, if you are planning to catch all the gigs Crimpies ?.
Then Wellington then Auckland.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3gkdg_split-enz-2008-nztour-ad_music
I'm just worried that I'll book plane tickets to Christchurch and then have a possible warmup show announced on the north island. That would be, well, annoying!

Also I'd assume if there will be 2nd shows announced in all three cities then the 2nd show announced for Christchurch would in fact be the Saturday - the day before the one about to go on sale.

Do you think going to all shows is greedy? It would mean someone else in NZ misses out.. What to do?? I think I'll buy tickets to all shows and deal with problems as they arise.
quote:
Originally posted by crimpies:
I'm just worried that I'll book plane tickets to Christchurch and then have a possible warmup show announced on the north island. That would be, well, annoying!

Also I'd assume if there will be 2nd shows announced in all three cities then the 2nd show announced for Christchurch would in fact be the Saturday - the day before the one about to go on sale.

Do you think going to all shows is greedy? It would mean someone else in NZ misses out.. What to do?? I think I'll buy tickets to all shows and deal with problems as they arise.


>>Do you think going to all shows is greedy? It would mean someone else in NZ misses out..<<


'Are you havin' a laugh ?' Hell no, if i had the bucks i would go to all the gig's.

Good point about the possible warm up shows (Tim mentioned this in that TV3 interview), and maybe other dates, but it might be like Crowded House they sold out Wellington months before the gig, and there were no extra gigs put on.


Any member got a spare platinum credit card that is surplus to their needs. lol Roll Eyes Razzer

Add Reply

Post
    All times London, UK.

    ©1998-Eternity, Frenz.com. All post content is the copyrighted work of the person who wrote it. Please don't copy, reproduce, or publish anything you see written here without the author's permission.
×
×
×
×
Link copied to your clipboard.
×
×