Where to even begin? Well, I guess a link to the setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/...tralia-3bfbb870.html
Without a doubt the best of the three so far. The band were loose and energetic, the song selection great, and the crowd really into it.
- I was planning to bring a sign for "Kare Kare"! Didn't need to. It was sublime.
- My next request would've been "There Goes God". It and "Kare Kare" are two of my top ten Crowdies songs. (Now the only two left I haven't heard are "I Am in Love" and "Sacred Cow", both the longest of long shots.) "There Goes God" was huge fun and segued into "Weather With You"; during the transition there was some humour after somebody threw a bra on stage - and Neil then threw it at Nick.
- Good work on the paper plane requests and shouted requests, everybody! It paid off with a fantastic "Now We're Getting Somewhere" in the encore. Possibly the highlight of the night just for being so much sheer unbridled fun.
- Though there was also that version of "Sister Madly" - forget Thursday's version! Barely a correct lyric was sung and it was hilarious, especially when Neil and Nick got into a conversation mid-song about seeing The Velvet Underground in Paris in 1995 and sharing a bed; "that would be fine now," Neil said, "but back then I put a pillow between us!"
- I could keep going and going with the highlights. "Into Temptation" was really beautiful; "Hole in the River" one of the best I've heard; fireworks going off at the start of "Private Universe" surreal; "Whispers and Moans" has torn it up all week; I will never tire of "In My Command".
- Every night Tim has got one more song than the night before. Bring on the huge Woodface extravaganza tomorrow!
Absolutely buzzing after this show. Of the gigs I've seen I doubt anything will beat that first Forum show in Melbourne, 2008, but geez this is up there.