Let's perhaps have individual threads for thoughts and reflections on the four Encore gigs. Here's one for tonight.
The setlist is here, and like tonight I will do the next three live (I'll update in batches of about 3 songs so that I'm not getting the phone out all the time): http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/...tralia-33fa4485.html
Some quick thoughts:
- I love that the first thing I got to hear of this wonderful run of shows was the soundcheck of my favourite song, "Recurring Dream". Shame it didn't actually make the set, but it did sound a little rustier than the others. Hopefully it'll be in the mix tomorrow!
- Great to have Tim for four songs! "Chocolate Cake", with a sly dig at Trump, was the most fun song of the night.
- Or maybe "Sister Madly" was the most fun. I'm so glad to finally get to hear it live.
- Playing "Italian Plastic" for Hessie was a really nice touch. I'm not a big fan of the song but quite enjoyed it tonight.
- But the highlight, the absolute best part of the show, was the mid-set run of "Fingers of Love", "Private Universe", and "Hole in the River". Haunting and evocative. Mark killed it on lap steel for "Private Universe".
- The band seemed in fine form and good humour, feeding off an enthusiastic crowd that really sung along nicely.
Can't wait for what's next!