Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

It just popped into my head the other day about the Mean to Me video. In the beginning, Neil is playing with a table full of vintage wind-up toys (he has sexy white jeans on, too). Nick is showing off his cherry car. Paul pleads with someone over the phone, "Are you gonna come over? When are you coming over?" I think he was one of those people who feel a deep loneliness or maybe rejection and employed his over-the-top clownish antics to try to push that away.
Originally posted by Jane:

quote:
I think he was one of those people who feel a deep loneliness or maybe rejection and employed his over-the-top clownish antics to try to push that away.

I think Paul was a person at times of extremes and possibly had a bi-polar disorder... but that was one of the things that made him brilliant too! One of those extremes on the positive side made him extremely talented with his drumming and his songwriting which I feel has not reached the wider audience it should have... I also really believe with his humour he could have been a stand up comedian in his own right. I did not personally know the man; but through many years of watching and listening I have come to appreciate Paul Hester for his lasting art on all of the above.

Add Reply

©1998-Eternity, Frenz.com. All post content is the copyrighted work of the person who wrote it. Please don't copy, reproduce, or publish anything you see written here without the author's permission.
Link copied to your clipboard.