7 Worlds Collide World Premier

Oh my, I hope some Frenz in NZ get to watch, just got this in an email from OXFAM

http://www.oxfam.org.nz/index....n%20Worlds%20Collide

Latest news! The one hour world premiere of the 7 Worlds Collide documentary will be showing on TV1 - Monday May 24 at 10.30pm. Don't miss this unique opportunity to see the artists in action behind the scenes

Music icon and Crowded House front-man Neil Finn followed up his acclaimed 2001 Seven Worlds Collide project with another all-star line up and three sell out gigs at Auckland’s Power station.

Bringing together the same core band of Johnny Marr (formerly The Smiths), Phil Selway (Radiohead), Ed O'Brien (Radiohead), Sebastian Steinberg and Lisa Germano, along with Liam Finn, KT Tunstall, Bic Runga, Don McGlashan, Wilco and more - Neil once again created a musical dream team guaranteed to wow the crowd.

And the crowd wasn’t disappointed. Unpredictable and full of energy, the show included everything from Crowded House classics to soulful murder ballads. Perhaps the nicest surprise was an impressive singing debut from Phil Selway – better known as the drummer from Radiohead.

Here's a glimpse at the first of three nights of the concert. 'On the Corner' written by the Smiths, performed by Johnny Marr & part of the Seven Worlds Collide crew : Neil Finn, Liam Finn, Ed O'Brien, Phil Selway, Glenn Kotch, Pat Sansone, Sebastian Steinberg, and Johnny Marr's son Nile.

The stars look so different from here

Original Post
quote:
Originally posted by LindaJ:
Thanks for the info FG. Once again, all the good stuff is on now that I don't have Austar Frowner
It will be shown again, though I would love to have seen the premiere.

Not to worry LindaJ, I'm pretty sure it's just for NZ, TV1 is a public station I believe?
quote:
Originally posted by Greatfox:
quote:
Originally posted by LindaJ:
Thanks for the info FG. Once again, all the good stuff is on now that I don't have Austar Frowner
It will be shown again, though I would love to have seen the premiere.

Not to worry LindaJ, I'm pretty sure it's just for NZ, TV1 is a public station I believe?

TV1 is a pay tv station Smiler We had Austar (Foxtel for regional/country areas) until the fires Frowner . If it's only showing in NZ, then that's ok- I can wait and maybe we'll have access to the station again by then Big Grin
quote:
Originally posted by R_curring Dream:
Yeah am pretty sure they mean TV One in NZ and that is free to air....must email the rele's and get them onto it Smiler

Oh, I guess that makes sense since it was filmed there. It's a little reassuring knowing that I wouldn't have seen it anyway, unless I was in NZ!

Yes get the family onto it RD- good idea Wink Big Grin
Neilsknees - don't want to pre-empt answers to my own question but the 'On demand' feature on the TV1 website (their equivalent of BBC iplayer etc) works for me, just gotta hope that the programme is uploaded after broadcast.

Like to think also that as its a charity project other TV networks around the globe will pay to screen the documentary.....especially as it'll obviously raise awareness in advance of the CD/DVD release.
Whilst that promo clip is excellent, it was put onto Youtube (and linked to on this forum) in early March. Incredible that its only had 1500 'views'.

Looking forward to the TV1 doc. and am waiting on an email response from Oxfam NZ re: publicity (incl possible showings of the doc in UK) outside NZ.

Release date for CD/DVD? Reckon the best we cann hope for is end June? and presumably that will be just an NZ release initially.
well. I can't say 100% but I've been through my setlists,photos of setlists and such things and I think you are right slowpogo, one of the set lists I took a photo of has Too Blue on it...and none of mine have Too Blue/You Get Through on the same night's set
I just sent a message via 'contact us' on the TVNZ site asking if this World Premier show will be available to watch online via Ondemand

Does anyone who was also at the shows ever discover the title of the song Neil sang without a guitar/piano and commented after it "That's what Ed O'Brien does on his time off"
I scrawled some lines and banter down but I am certain the title never came up

I mean that has to be on the cds, it was freakin' gorgeous
quote:
Originally posted by Finngirl:
Does anyone who was also at the shows ever discover the title of the song Neil sang without a guitar/piano and commented after it "That's what Ed O'Brien does on his time off"
I scrawled some lines and banter down but I am certain the title never came up

Wasn't that Bodysnatchers?
Further to my email on page 1 of the thread, I've now had a response back from TV1 NZ & this answers your question (and rather puts paid to my incorrect assumption(!), Finngirl but looks like there may be 2 DVDs coming out of the project :-

It’s still early days with the 7 Worlds Collide documentary. We definitely hope to get the material shown on TV in other countries, including the UK, so keep an eye out (most likely BBC / c4 if it happens). After that, we’re hoping to cut it to a feature length documentary for cinemas and/or DVD release. Because of the length I don’t think it will be on the TV 1 website or 7 Worlds Collide MySpace, but later on in the year we hope the full version will make the big screen, or at least TV screens!
quote:
Originally posted by BART:
...looks like there may be 2 DVDs coming out of the project :-

It’s still early days with the 7 Worlds Collide documentary. We definitely hope to get the material shown on TV in other countries, including the UK, so keep an eye out (most likely BBC / c4 if it happens). After that, we’re hoping to cut it to a feature length documentary for cinemas and/or DVD release. Because of the length I don’t think it will be on the TV 1 website or 7 Worlds Collide MySpace, but later on in the year we hope the full version will make the big screen, or at least TV screens!

You're thinking more positively than me, Bart!

The doco was (at least in part) publicly funded in NZ - see NZ on Air site.

I've been wondering, if whoever owns the copyright (not sure if that's the production company or TVNZ or both) sells a licence to other TV companies, does Oxfam make any money from it? Anyone know?
Thanks BART, sorry I missed that Eeker

Thom Thom, The song I mean was the one Neil did before/after Bodysnatchers...oh gosh I think it was, he did two sans-instruments, the rockier one which I thought was Bodysnatchers and the slower one

I need to go back and read more of my notes and not try to think at 12am
quote:
Originally posted by BART:

The only thing is, that if it goes on big screens in the UK and TV in NZ, etc., and not on DVD, there is not much chance for people in other regions to see it... Unless some kind soul records it on DVD.
Sorry all - the email response I got yesterday was from Oxfam, not TV1. Apologies to all, especially you Finngirl and be interested to hear whether you get a response to your email.

I went back to Oxfam to check whether snippets of the doc. could be posted via TV1/Youtube/Myspace - no further news on that until it gets screened.

AndiB - I read the email I got as indicating that both cinema screenings AND DVD release are possibilities?
No worries BART Smiler no reply to my inquiry as yet, but I'll keep Frenz posted on any news I may get from them. My email seems to be in a time warp lately,been getting emails today that were sent 3 days ago

at the movies and then dvd is a very exciting thought indeed...how cool would it be on the 'big screen' Big Grin
- my guess would be late June at best, Nick, although not listed on any online retailers under forthcoming releases so perhaps I'm being optimistic. I'm assuming all the production work's long since finished and NF is now concentrating on the new CH album but I guess there may be SWC2 promotional work to do......I wouldn't put money on a 2009 release for the new CH album.....sorry to digress!

Add Reply

Likes (0)
    All times London, UK.

©1998-Eternity, Frenz.com. All post content is the copyrighted work of the person who wrote it. Please don't copy, reproduce, or publish anything you see written here without the author's permission.