Skip to main content

Replies sorted oldest to newest

I concur indeed; this is one of the best performances of the band I’ve ever come across. ‘Silent House’, ‘She Walked Her Way Down’, ‘Pour Le Monde’, and ‘Private Universe’ are superb diamonds amongst a set list of gems...the coda of ‘Private Universe’ has unbelievable vocals from Neil. However, I have never seen or heard such a performance of ‘Better Be Home Soon’; it is the most tastefully empathetic rendition, and Matt Sherrod is to be celebrated for this in particular. In fact, Matt is such a brilliant choice for Crowded House; he brings out some magic moments in Nick’s playing as well. This concert is the opposite of the Cologne 1993 gig from my own point of view - seeing Paul throw his drum stool at Neil is not a memory I’m keeping during a gig filled with tense moments - but this 2007 evening at the Greek Theatre not only showcases superb songs from ‘Time On Earth’ but what new life came to light in this lineup of Crowded House. Incidentally, see what you think of the two spontaneously combusted rare 1978 Enz tunes.

Add Reply

©1998-Eternity, Frenz.com. All post content is the copyrighted work of the person who wrote it. Please don't copy, reproduce, or publish anything you see written here without the author's permission.
Link copied to your clipboard.