Agree Kia, she's a magnificent actress. I was just surprised to see what a ditz she seemed to be when she was playing herself. But to be fair, I'm guessing I'd be a ditz in that particular situation, too...I was just glad to see her win so well after being dumped on her arse so heinously last year by Tom Cruise. It's like, revenge of the single mom, and I was like, YOU GO, GIRL!!!!!
I want to know where InStyle magazine gets off calling Sean Connery one of the WORST dressed? He looked the perfect Scottish gentleman, totally distinguished. And they called J-Lo one of the BEST, in that hideous lime-green tablecloth!!!! I forgot to add Nia and Kathy Bates to the list of Best Dressed's I turned in earlier. And come on, hasn't Jack Nicholson's coolness with the sunglasses thing finally passed him by? I totally agreed with InStyle's best and worst hair list, but think they should have added Cliff Robertson and Christopher Walken to "Worst Hair."
You'll note that many of the folks who were best dressed in my opinion are showing up as "badly dressed" on some lists. S'OK, I usually always have tastes that run contrary to whatever is popular. Everyone seems to be in agreement over Hilary Swank's butt-ugly dress, though...
Heidi's Top 10 2003 Oscar Moments
10. Martin Scorsese leading the standing O for Roman Polanski, in the ultimate good sportsmanship move...tied with Meryl Streep looking honestly, heartfelt-ly happy for Catherine Zeta-Jones. (Julianne Moore, though, had dagger eyes...)
9. Mike Moore bringing all the documentary nominees onstage with him (nevermind what he did afterward, I just thought bringing them all up like that was really cool).
8. U2. Nuff said.
7. Peter O'Toole's speech.
6. Steve Martin's Red Lobster joke.
5. Adrien Brody shutting the orchestra up and giving the most meaningful, heartfelt Oscar speech of the year.
4. Hilary Swank yelling "Thank your wife!"
3. Catherine Zeta-Jones and Queen Latifah doing a diva duet.
2. Douglas and Douglas.
1. Adrien Brody kissing Halle Berry.
(You'll notice this differs a bit from the InStyle list. InStyle also had a list of the most memorable moments in past Oscar history which inexplicably left out Jack Palance and the one-armed pushups!)