Please note that you do NOT have to register to read and search the public forums. You only need to register if you want to post a new topic or reply or to cast your vote in a poll.Please make sure that you have read and understood our rules and policies. It's important to know these so that you are not surprised by anything that happens to or around you! By registering for and using this forum, you are agreeing to use the forum in compliance with these rules and policies. Here are the latest version of the rules.
Don't just click "Agree"!!! Imagine if in here it says that you agree to give us all of your money daily, and you just hit agree. So please read these so you know to what you're agreeing
rules (last updated August 2012)
The following are our rules and are numbered for everybody's convenience. Please note that rules for the Wanted2Say side of the forum are different, and are below the Frenz Forum rules.
Being banned is permanent. If you come back under another account, we'll ban you again.
- Non-Music Posts
- Members wishing to discuss matters that are not related to the music of Split Enz and related projects specifically or music generally, are referred to alternative forums that cater to their discussion, blogs, and other sources of electronic communication such as email. Members may promote their online journals or blogs from their forum signature and/or from their profile.
- Posts containing presentations of multi-level-marketing schemes; offerings of sexual services, materials, or correspondence; ads for cheap or psychic phone service or any product or service not related to Frenz-related musicians are not allowed.
- Mutual Respect
- The most important rule is that of mutual respect. Posts are to be made in the friendly spirit of the board, and the views of other members posting within the spirit of these rules are to be treated as valid. Flaming, provocation, and bickering are not considered to be appropriate in any forum and will be removed.
- Due to USA laws about children's access to online content, the board is considered to have a PG rating. Some of our members are minors. As a result, discussions explicitly referring to sexual or drug-related topics are not appropriate and will be removed. Language should be rated PG.
- The Wanted2Say section of the forum is unmoderated. Our board will automatically censor certain words, but outside of spam and porn, nearly anything goes.
- Staying On Topic
- The idea of an appropriate thread is one that starts with a particular question or discussion point on a topic of relevance and is continued by additional information or points of view, which develops into a friendly and informative discussion. As a result, each post should be relevant to the sub-forum that it is contained in, and also to the thread that it belongs to. Posts that do not have these relevancies will be moved or removed.
- Single Login
- Each member of the forum should only be using one login. If you forget your password, please use "forgot password" on the login screen rather than creating another account. If you can't access the email address you used to register, contact forum admins for help changing your email address.
- Duplicate logins deemed by the Administrators to be created by the same person will be removed.
- The role of Moderators is to facilitate friendly and informed discussion in their own forums based on these rules. This may extend to publicly/privately warning members that their posts do not abide by one of these rules, moving posts that have been posted to the wrong subforum, or removing duplicate posts or posts that have been made in contradiction to these rules.
- Moderators are instructed to never edit posts, but to either move or delete them as may be needed.
- Disagreements with Moderators' decisions are not on topic in any forum. Threads are deemed to be for the purposes of discussion of music-related matters, and not for discussion of moderating decisions. Members who wish to take issue with the decision made by a Moderator should either contact the Moderator or an Administrator privately. Posts complaining about Moderators' decisions will be removed.
- If you see a post that you think should be removed from the forum, please click REPORT POST under that post. That will alert the Administrators as well as the Moderator(s) of that particular forum.
- The role of Administrators is to ensure the ongoing friendly and informed nature of the entire forum based on these rules. Administrators are responsible for the creation, modification, and maintenance of the forum's rules.
- Administrators are always pleased to take suggestions from members regarding these rules, or to discuss their application or interpretation. However, since these rules are the sole responsibility of Administrators, and not based on principles of majority opinion, decisions made by them in relation to rules or their interpretation are final and not open to public discussion.
- Harassment Outside the Forum
- If complaints are made to Moderators or Administrators about members harassing other members outside the board, Administrators will turn appropriate information over to Internet service providers and/or appropriate authorities. As this behaviour affects forum interactions, the harasser may receive a forum warning.
- No CDRs, DVD Rs, or copies of fan club releases or real record company releases may be advertised or requested in any forum.
- No fan club photos or copies of them may be advertised or requested in any forum.
- If you want to sell your club CDs, the following rules must apply:
- They must be the originals you purchased and not backups or copies of any kind.
- They must be sold for the price you originally paid and not even a penny more. This means that they cannot be auctioned where the price will be bid up above what you paid.
- They must be sold to another Frenz of the Enz fan club member. Get proof that they are a club member!
- Fan club CDs may be posted for sale here if the above rules are followed.
- Posts may not include links to downloads or download sites. These links are only allowed if the download is paid with the money going to the proper person/entity (such as the artist, the publishing company). A download or file sharing website allowing or offering a file or a song does not mean that this offering is approved by the artist or fan club.
- Offering or requesting items that breach copyrights or trademarks is not allowed. For example, please do not sell a photograph of a painting that someone else did. The painting is that person's copyright, and you should not financially benefit from the sale of someone else's work.
- Specific Forums
- All I Ask:
- The intention of this subforum is to promote discussion about music amongst music enthusiasts and to promote a sense of community among Members. Discussion about Split Enz, its individual members, or related projects are to be posted in the appropriate subforums. The following are on topic for All I Ask:
- Music-related discussions, voting, or airplay requests for other bands.
- Members looking for others to join or listen to their own band or musical work.
- Links to fan websites for music or musicians.
- Meet-ups and get togethers for fans.
- Posts that are related to neither of these are not on topic at this forum, and Members are referred to different outlets to promote their discussion (as described in the Introduction to the Rules). The following are not on topic for All I Ask:
- Non-musical polls and quizzes. Recent examples include "Which Care Bear Are You?" "What Is Your Hobbit Name?" "Finding Your Inner Nemo," "Who Likes Guacamole?" and "Vote For Your Favourite Model of Car."
- Discussions of personal situations and/or preferences such as politics, news stories, charitable causes, hobbies, religion, work, and family. These topics are best for online journals and blogs and do not belong on a music-focused discussion forum.
- General Frenz
- General Frenz is not the forum where Members should post topics that do not belong anywhere else. General Frenz is for welcoming and introducing new Members, questions about the forum and frenz.com website, and questions or discussions about the Frenz of the Enz fan club.
- Continual Rule Breaches
- A "three strike" rule is in force to deal with members who continually breach
the rules of the board. Administrators are able to carry out the following:
- First Breach: Member is warned privately that his or her behaviour is not in the best interests of the community. The rule will be cited; for example, posting something to All I Ask that is not allowed on this forum.
- Second Breach: Member is warned privately that his or her behaviour is not in the best interests of the community. The rule will be cited; for example, posting something to All I Ask that is not allowed on this forum. The Second Warning serves as the final warning.
- Third Breach: Member's registration and any registrations deemed to be created by that person previously or subsequently are permanently deactivated. Member is banned from the forum.
Rules for the Wanted2Say Side for those who join W2S
The above Frenz Forum rules are not in effect for the W2S side of the forum, which has its own rules as follows:
This side of the forum is about free speech, community, and opinions. Topics may be hot or sensitive, so read and post at your own risk. :)
- Members must be 18 years old or older.
- Don't harrass people. Be bitchy if you want, but no threats or libel. We still expect people to behave decently about others having different opinions.
- Content including images, language, and links must be rated "R" or tamer. Nothing rated "X" or more violent or sexual than rated "R."
The frenz forum has the right to remove posts and/or temporarily or permanently suspend the W2S membership of any member if we find that you are under 18 years old or you just can't seem to behave along with number 2 and/or 3 above. Suspended members do not have the right to any partial or full refund.
Considering the real-time nature of this message board, it is impossible for us to review messages immediately or confirm the validity of information posted. Please remember that we are not responsible for any messages posted. We do not vouch for or warrant the accuracy, completeness or usefulness of any message, and are not responsible for the contents of any message. The messages express the views of the author of the message, not necessarily the views of this BB or any entity associated with this BB. Any user who feels that a posted message is objectionable is encouraged to contact us immediately by email. We have the ability to remove objectionable messages and we will make every effort to do so, within a reasonable time frame, if we determine that removal is necessary. This is a manual process, however, so please realize that we may not be able to remove or edit particular messages immediately.
You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyrighted material is owned by you. You also agree to use this board in accordance with the rules and policies that we have set forth for it.
We reserve the right to delete any message for any reason whatsoever. You remain solely responsible for the content of your messages, and you agree to indemnify and hold us harmless with respect to any claim based upon transmission of your message(s). We reserve the right to reveal your identity (or whatever information we know about you) in the event of a complaint or legal action arising from any message posted by you. We reserve the right to alter your participation on this forum should your posts, action, or behaviour warrant a forced change.