Enz on Campbell Live

Happy to announce that Split Enz will be performing two songs on CAMPBELL LIVE- think it's the last show for the year (New Zealand TV).

Michael Barker is also flying in for the show and yes Neil is back in the country to play with them.

At a guess I'd say it's probably on TV around next Thursday but I'm sure it will get some mentions in the nz press etc.

Gryph
 
View Printer Friendly Format
cheers gryphon!

i'll have to catch this for sure, wonder what they'll play?
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
I wonder if it will be acoustic & percussion only.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
Please will someone put this up on youtube please as I am in the UK and would really like to see this at some point.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
quote:
Originally posted by Glimmer:
I wonder if it will be acoustic & percussion only.


Nonsense! Eddie on an upright piano? Nigel on an upright bass? No thank you!
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
hey, Eddie did say the best gig he played was at Nambassa on an upright piano!
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
They performed "Poor Boy" and "History Never Repeats" which both sounded great but was sad that there were only two songs in a 30 minute programme. There were interviews with Neil, Tim, Eddie, the new drummer and with Finn Senior. Glimpses of Roundhead studio as well.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
Eek, I almost forgot about this until I happened to turn on the TV tonight and found Split Enz halfway through performing Poor Boy! They closed the show with History Never Repeats. (And no, it wasn't acoustic!)

Hopefully they'll post some of this on the Campbell Live web site.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
"poor boy" & "history never repeats", just as i suspected. it was so great to see them though & the interview with both finn boys & their father was great. i just about lost half my dinner in laughter when mr finn said "we always thought they'd grow out of it" in regards to their music careers
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
Looks like I picked the wrong night to be out late doing my Christmas shopping! !%$#$@^&&%$!!! Mad
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
A powerful mix. The band sounded pumped up. And there were little bonus instrumental renditions of "Frenzy" and the like in the trailers.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
Thanks for those links, Visitor. The first 2 work just fine across the ditch, but still nothing doing on the other 2 as yet. Given that, what were people's impressions of Michael's drumming with the band?
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
they did indeed sound very pumped up. as soon as they started playing "poor boy" you could see tim was bursting to really let loose. great to see. makes me even more exciting for christchruch '08!

& i enjoyed michael's drumming. i'll be honest, i knew next to nothing about the man previous to the announcement he was touring with the enz (even though they said he'd toured with both finns on their solo tours?). but based on last night, he seemed to slot in just great, sounded pretty well rounded & looked to be enjoying himself?
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
quote:
Originally posted by mummakook:
Thanks for those links, Visitor. The first 2 work just fine across the ditch, but still nothing doing on the other 2 as yet. Given that, what were people's impressions of Michael's drumming with the band?


To me, The Enz sounded like they had never been away, and the new drummer sounds GR8.

There is mention of a gig at Vector, in the first interview, i assume they meen in March. Confused

All links working now, plus the Mr Finn (snr) interview.

http://tv3.co.nz/Video/CampbellLivespeakstothefatherofT...rticleID=42239#video

Earthquake what earthquake, but it was felt quite strong in Gisborne. Frowner

http://tv3.co.nz/VideoBrowseAll/NationalVideo/tabid/309...4/Default.aspx#video
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
Thanks so much for posting those links, that was great.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
quote:
Originally posted by thevisitor:
There is mention of a gig at Vector, in the first interview, i assume they meen in March. Confused


Yeah, I heard that last night. Got to be ... just seems Campbell's forgotten about the rest of the country, well Christchurch and Wellington anyway.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
He also mentioned that it was the first time SE had played together since the 2000 concert. Has he forgotten about the small gathering (similar to his) that played on Holmes about 5 years ago. Ooops, can't be mentioning the other TV network now can we. :-)
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
quote:
Originally posted by Zuf:
He also mentioned that it was the first time SE had played together since the 2000 concert. Has he forgotten about the small gathering (similar to his) that played on Holmes about 5 years ago. Ooops, can't be mentioning the other TV network now can we. :-)


*chuckles* Too true, that he can't do! One point of curiousity about that 30th anniversary appearance was the absence of Nigel, who is very much part of the "core 5" that has been mentioned at times (come to think of it, wasn't Nigel also absent from the 20th Anniversary performance at the Wynyard Tavern?). Makes you wonder how the guys themselves feel about playing in the various different manifestations, does it feel like the same band or not? That, however, is probably another topic!
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
I thought Nigel just had a bit of an aversion to travel...
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
quote:
Originally posted by Greatfox:
I thought Nigel just had a bit of an aversion to travel...


Not entirely sure about that. He seems to travel to the UK at least once a year, though he does kinda has to for family and (apparently) tax reasons.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
Thanks for the links -great to watch -drummer fits in well!
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
quote:
Originally posted by mummakook:
quote:
Originally posted by Zuf:
He also mentioned that it was the first time SE had played together since the 2000 concert. Has he forgotten about the small gathering (similar to his) that played on Holmes about 5 years ago. Ooops, can't be mentioning the other TV network now can we. :-)


*chuckles* Too true, that he can't do! One point of curiousity about that 30th anniversary appearance was the absence of Nigel, who is very much part of the "core 5" that has been mentioned at times (come to think of it, wasn't Nigel also absent from the 20th Anniversary performance at the Wynyard Tavern?). Makes you wonder how the guys themselves feel about playing in the various different manifestations, does it feel like the same band or not? That, however, is probably another topic!


Speaking of TVNZ, forgive me if this has been posted before from Close-Up Feb 1 2006 talking about the Oz 2006 tour interview.

Hope the link works for our international members.

http://tvnz.co.nz/view/page/655490
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
The link worked for me - thanks for posting it! lmao at Harper's "warped view of his dad" from watching Enz videos!
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
Just caught up with the topic and the downloads. I am incredibly jealous that we'll probably never see an Enz tour in North America. You lucky lucky antipodean fans!

THanks for the links, thevisitor.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
Interesting to hear Neil talk about attending the Led Zeppelin show. I hadn't seen this reported anywhere else.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
Might not have been looking in the right place as I saw it mentioned several times in the Crowded House section of the forum. I believe it was Led Zep on one night, and then Crowdies performing the following night.
 
Like Like (0 likes)
PermalinkView Printer Friendly Format
 
Post Reply